Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

'78 '79 c161 twin eight speed

mavfreak

ok I don't have a model number a OP removed it.

Does anyone have a diagram

or...

A model number so I can look up

The tractor runs all switches were removed and the lights wiring were cut. Wiring is in a rats nest condition and I want to clean it up and get my lights working once again.

Thanks

tgranthamfd

I have a Wheel Horse Electrical Pdf file but I can't figure out how to attach it, it is a 54 page file. :D

bo dawg

Mine is a 79 C-161 that had the BS twin on it originally, my m# is 91-16BS01

That will get you a wire diagram :D

rmaynard

I have a Wheel Horse Electrical Pdf file but I can't figure out how to attach it, it is a 54 page file. :D

Check the file size. If it's larger than 56K it won't attach.

Bob

tgranthamfd

If you don't mind giving me your regular e-mail address, I will try to send you the file when I get home from work. You could just pm it to me through the sight if you don't want it out in the open.

tgranthamfd

Got to the pinned links at the top of wheel horse tractor, select the one that says something about on the 4th line down, on the 4th line enter C-161 Twin, and you can look at all the drawings.

Fiddlestix

Just in case you have hydro or 8 speed...

'79 C161 twin #'s:

91-16B801

C Series Garden Tractor

C-161 Twin

8-Speed

Briggs

91-16B802

C Series Garden Tractor

C-161 Twin

8-Speed

Briggs

91-16BS01

C Series Garden Tractor

C-161 Twin

Automatic

Briggs

91-16BS02

C Series Garden Tractor

C-161 Twin

Automatic

Briggs

Once you get to the Toro site and have entered a number, and have navigated your way to the manuals available, download BOTH the B,C,D, Service Manual AND the Electrical Supplement. The general schematic and a good pictorial reference of the harness and doodads for your harness are contained in that Service Manual. The Electrical Supplement does not have a specific schematic for your machine as most of them that would apply are showing an engine and system with a battery coil ignition and not magneto... your B&S is magneto correct?

But do scan through the Electrical Supplement, there are good pics of what components look like. :D

mavfreak

thanks I just down loaded what I needed

I really appreciate the help :D

looks like everything is there just cut and unbundled so I'm guessing some new connectors and some electrical tape and wire ties

Thanks again :USA:

tgranthamfd

Good luck with it all. If you need any ideas, I just replaced all the lighting system on my C-145, it is posted in the work in progress section. Had some good replacement parts at good prices, replaced all with new wiring for around $50.

mavfreak

I do believe the headlights setup on the c 161 is unique to this year. Its the first fiberglass black hood. I think

C-Series14

I do believe the headlights setup on the c 161 is unique to this year. Its the first fiberglass black hood. I think

You are correct. The lens is different than the normal C-Series. It is wider. It was expensive when I bought one several years ago AND proceeded to break it a year later. :D

Now, I think it is discontinued....

tgranthamfd

You are correct. The lens is different than the normal C-Series. It is wider. It was expensive when I bought one several years ago AND proceeded to break it a year later. :D

Now, I think it is discontinued....

What's different about the lenses? :USA: Does it not have individual head lamps?

tgranthamfd

What's different about the lenses? :D Does it not have individual head lamps?

I found a picture, I see the difference now. :USA: Looks like a transition type thing.

C-Series14

I just looked it up and it shows a price! I thought they were discontinued...106829 is the Twin part number and 103771 is the other. About the same price. The Twin doesn't have the decal...

mavfreak

so they are still available then?

C-Series14

When I added it to my cart, it showed a price. I use sepw.com

I will eventually need a new one when I re-do my 1979 Twin so I might order one and see...

It was $28 plus change.

C-Series14

Type TO

Part ID: 106829

Description LENS-HEADLIGHT

Qty:

Unit Price 28.93

mavfreak

cool