clintonnut

RJ trans bearings (R12)

clintonnut

The more the better! Here's the link. These are correct they aren't the ZZ bearings (wider shielded version which won't fit). You can do all new bearings in a RJ trans for around $14-20! It usually is $105!

http://bearingsdirect.com/store/index.php?...ct_detail&p=391

If we buy over 100 I will sell for $2.00 a piece plus shipping. I contacted the local bearing shop and they are now $15 a piece. You need 7 to do a tranny on any tractor made from the RJ-58 to the 401.

I will start a poll for the interest level.

Thanks

Charlie

clintonnut

I won't be doing this again for quite a while so get them when the prices are the way they are!

Charlie

wallfish

I have 3 tranys that will be getting an overhaul so you can count me in.

How soon are you going to order them?

CasualObserver

Charlie, I have one or two to do so I'm interested, but wondering, I haven't personally been inside the 5003/5010 trans. I see you say you need 7 of these... but the parts list specs two different bearings (1502 and 1519) What was the difference between the originals? If they were/are the same, why two different part numbers?

VinsRJ

Charlie, I have one or two to do so I'm interested, but wondering, I haven't personally been inside the 5003/5010 trans. I see you say you need 7 of these... but the parts list specs two different bearings (1502 and 1519) What was the difference between the originals? If they were/are the same, why two different part numbers?

The brake shaft and cluster gear uses a R12 with 18 roller balls instead of 8 for a standard R12. Either way it makes no difference replacing those bearings with standard R12s. The 18 style R12 is no longer available as are the original width 3/8" standard R12s. R12s are now 5/16" wide but the rollers are the same width as the originals, load capacity is also the same.

The big thing with the 5003 are the cases, they're weak. I've got two right now that the cases are junk, the internals on the other hand are good so I do have gears and shafts in stock.

Made a Correction: I actually counted the number of balls in each original bearing and made the correction above. :D

clintonnut

I will take 3 sets. A set is 7 bearings and between the rest of you it sounds like there will be about 5 sets. These bearings work great in the old cases and match dimensionally. I know they are a 1/16 narrower according to Vince but I haven't noticed that. I know all shielded ones are wider.

It sounds like there will be 8 sets so far. That is 56 bearings.

Just tell me how many you want because this price probably won't be around forever. I might buy more I dont know.

Charlie

CasualObserver

Thanks Vince. Makes sense.

Charlie, don't count mine toward your total. My interest is light at the moment.

Gene_S

Charlie, Count me in on one set (7) of bearings for my RJ-58. Just let me know when they arrive.

Thanks,

clintonnut

Everybody who is interested, send me an email with how many you want. Once I get a final number I will buy them and you can either pay for them now or pay half now and pay the other half when you pick them up at the show. If you want me to buy them it will be $18 including shipping for 7 bearings. 7 bearings at $1.86 is $13. If I can sell 12 complete sets the deal is done and I will buy more then 100. Shipping will be $5

Send email to clintonnut_85@hotmail.com

Charlie

clintonnut

bearings bought. Will bring to show. If you are at the show PM me your number and I will call you when I get there. The remainder sets will be sold here. I might buy more if I sell them all at the show.

Charlie

clintonnut

I sold most of the bearings at the show but still have 2 1/2 sets left. I plan on keeping these for myself but I am going to buy a bulk of them one more time to sell at cost to RS members then it will be $30 per set on ebay.

Sent me a PM with how many you need.

Charlie

clintonnut

Bought another batch!

Selling them for $25 for a set of seven including shipping!

Charlie

Gene_S

Charlie send me your address and I will mail you a money order for a set of RJ bearings.

My E-Mail haasman35@yahoo.com

Thanks!

clintonnut

Bearings are $3.00 a pieceand shipping is free with purchase of 4 or more!

71_Bronco

Hey,

I sent you an email before Red Square went down, and haven't heard back.

I am interested in a set for the standard RJ-58 trans.

Please email me at n_angello@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!

HorseFixer

Charlie, you ever gonna do this again? Or point me in the right direction.. :thumbs:

Thanks Duke

• Like 2

posifour11

Charlie, you ever gonna do this again? Or point me in the right direction.. :thumbs:

Thanks Duke

Ditto

clintonnut

I still have a dozen bearings...

AMC RULES

PM sent Charlie. 

clintonnut

I have 30 bearings left. All are being brought to the show.

slice15061

do you have any left? 

JeffreyLKY

If you do have these bearings still available for sale, I would like to purchase 14, or two complete sets from you please. Thank you!

Jeff