Sign in to follow this  
patq

310-8 starter solenoid

patq

I have a 310-8 toro wheel horse 31-10k801(this is the number under the seat)

Need the solenoid and want to get the right one ..this one has the 2 bolt connections and 2 spade connectors below that.I may need an ignition switch as well ..Wont know till I put in the new solenoid...Boy this thing is built like a tank and runs good .Has the bagger as well.I cant tell from the electrical system drawing if the solenoid has the 2 spade connections at the bottom of the solenoid..

Dont want to order the wrong one..thanks in advance for your help patq@optonline.net

Pat

tgranthamfd

Master parts viewer shows the part # to be 110167 for the solenoid. Go to the pinned links under wheel horse tractor, you will see one that says something about the fourth line down, click on that one. Then on the 4th line down put in 310, go down to the transmission speed and enter 8 speed, find your model number and click on view drawings, pick the first one that says electrical, and see if this part looks like yours just to be sure. Hope this helps.

tgranthamfd

Does it look like this?

http://www.rcpw.com/toro-starter-solenoids/435099.html

If so it is available from Toro or there are 3 Stens aftermarket replacements. This is the one that replaces part number 110167

patq

Looks like that will work even though the layout is slightly different.

(o) battery

(o) starter

-- -- 2 spade connectors

the one in mine is layed out like this above where the replacement one has the spades on the side but for 11 dollars I will order it and see thanks Pat

PS: I will get back with the results and maybe a pic

tgranthamfd

Forgot to tell ya :D