papaglide

Facts about the Toro Wheel Horse 520H

wheelhorse-c-161-1979

If the 520 spindle you are looking at is 112765 it is very different from a D series spindle.  On the 520  the arm the tie rod bolts to is completely flat.  The D series has a big offset bend in it.  i will try to take a picture tomorrow,

Exactly. Yes the spindle has an offset ben to it.   In the D180 manual it's referred to as part # 103422 for the RH and 103423 for the LH spindle.

HorseFixer

:text-worthless:

:hilarious:   Sorry Couldn't Resist this blast from the Past! :eusa-whistle:  :ychain:

papaglide

I did take before and after pics. They are on my hard drive on the PC.

Not long after the original post, maybe 2 months or so, the engine died on me with a loud, metal on metal, scraping, crunchy sound. I will never forget it. I ended up selling the tractor to Duane(baerpath). I never found out what really happened to the engine. Kind of sucks looking back on it because if I new then what I know now! The tractor had front hubcaps and the swept forward axle plus the rear plow brackets. I know for sure that I would have repowered if it happened to me now. Live and learn. Right on!

RollingWoodFarm

Can anyone tell me if a D-180 cab can be used on a 520H without too much trouble? I've got a D180 that is not used much anymore. A friend is blowing snow here in Michigan with a 520H sitting out in the open, so maybe I can help him. Thanks!

Molon_Labe

Not sure about the cab but :WRS:

Geno

I'm not sure either, but :WRS:   Someone smarter than us may show up momentarily.   :handgestures-thumbsup: