Sign in to follow this  
jdpuller

axle help

jdpuller

:omg: i picked up my first wheel horse this weekend it is a bronco 14 automatic. i was cleaning it up and noticed some play in one of the hubs so i loosened the set screw and the hub slid out about a 1/4 inch and stopped so i tapped on it with a hammer and guess what the axle popped out. does anyone have a manual that will help me disassemble and reassemble the rear end.

i am planning to give this tractor to my daughter for a puller in the stock class and was hoping to have it going by the end of the month all repainted and ready to go.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Matt

i will attach some pictures as we go i think this will be a good father daughter project.

rickv1957

Hello and :omg:,Rick

Buzz

Go to : https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm

Put 1-0420 for model number and "none" for serial number and you can download a transmission manual. Have fun and good luck at the pulls.

jdpuller

:D Thanks Buzz I was worried that was going to be a bigger project than that the manual was a great help. and i put a little tack weld on the snap rings to keep that form happening again. my daughter even helped with the rebuild. :omg:

sorekiwi

Wow, you got it done already? You dont screw around!

:omg:

Raider12

Wow, you got it done already? You dont screw around!

:D

Id say your right, at 5:26 he needs a manual and by 9:11 he is finished. Good job. :omg:

Coadster32

GET-R-DONE!!! WOW. :omg:

rmaynard

Great job. I'd still be trying to get the hubs off. :omg:

That's the nice thing about these WH transmissions. Simple, straight-forward, and relatively easy to service.

Bob

rickv1957

You made quick work of that axle! :omg: Rick

stevasaurus

That is a new record. WOW :omg:

oldandred

that was too fast i bet the tranny was already down or out

Now as far as welding the snap rings dont know about that I clean up the groves and replace the ring with new been there done that and the old snap ring didnt hold

jdpuller

the tranny was still in the tractor i pulled it out and split it and put it back together it is still on the bench because i am going to build a custom pulling hitch tonight. thanks for all the help. :omg:

mavfreak

:omg: By the way the trans are easy to rebuild as you know. The one that was in my commando had the snap ring welded on. I took it to work and cut a new grove and put on a new snap ring. works just fine now. I had to redo mine cause the axle fell out cause the welded snap ring didn't hold