Sign in to follow this  
TR_DIGGER

GT-1855

TR_DIGGER

Looking for info on a White GT-1855 HydroMatic.

Lot/Model 142-996-190/EG42H5

Thanks Ty

Attached Image

post-11-1205673563.jpg

T-Mo

I'm not sure, but it looks like it might be a MTD built White. The pulley on the front indicates it might be a horizontal engine one with the crank coming out of the front, but the opening in the frame also makes me wonder if it might have been a vertical shaft one (more likely). It's probably a MTD made one as there is a lot of plastic there. :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Well Ty I can tell you that half of yours is missing :D:thumbs: Other than that I can't help you much :thumbs:

TT

It's a 1992 model built by White Outdoor Products. Looks like it had a Kohler horizontal twin (M-18?) and it has an Eaton M11 hydro with a Peerless transaxle. They also had an optional three point hitch.

Here's the attachments that were offered for it:

190-985-190 54" Snow Blade (1992)

190-990-190 45" Snow Thrower Attachment (1992)

190-993-190 50" Mowing Deck (1992)

I found out everything here from SEPW through the Sohar's parts viewer.

TR_DIGGER

Not too sure about this yet, but I was told the engine was a Briggs Twin V, and I think the shaft went towards the rear. You can see a shaft in the center of the pic below. And it is a MTD

41.jpg

Joel, does this looks better? :thumbs:

47.jpg

Terry, I do have a deck on it, just not sure what size yet and it does have some of the 3point hitch too

48.jpg

TT

Ty -- here's the link to SEPW

Click on the gray "Parts Lookup" box in the middle of the page.

When it takes you to the Sohar's parts page, look in the top left corner for the "Select OEM" box, click on the arrow, and select "White Outdoor" from the list.

If you select the model tab at the top left corner, there will be a box to enter your model number. Enter 142-996-190 in that box and click "search".

When it refreshes, you will see the "Details" list on the right side of the page with the parts breakdown for the sub-assemblies.

They have an 18hp Briggs opposed twin and were made by the wonderful MTD company. I have also read various posts about a poor rear wheel hub design that frequently breaks, but otherwise they're a decent tractor for what they are.

TR_DIGGER

Thanks Terry, that helps :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Yep much better TY :thumbs: :thumbs:

Rollerman

Ty there are some very knowledgeable & helpfull people on this site.

I figured you get some fast info here.

Hope your off in the right direction now...get this beast a runnin & take the work load off some of those nice horses you have. :thumbs:

Thanks JD Terry,TT, & Joel for you input.

combatmp29r

Stephen you don't have to thank me for my input on this one. It was quite useless I'm sure :thumbs: :thumbs:

rustyoldjunk

what you have there is a very heavyduty tractor.its a newer version of the 990 mtd built in the late 60's into the 70's.they had 15 inch wheels.shaft drive hydro 3 point hitch,reinforced front spindels and heavyduty hubs a 49 1/2 inch wheelbase c channel frame and more these tractors are tanks.here is a good running heavyduty old workhorseim working on fixing up. its the grandaddy to your version. for more good info on these go to mytractor forum and check out the mtd subforum. jim

Attached Image

post-11-1205808435.jpg

T-Mo

Hey, Rusty. I think this is the first post I saw from you (even though your post count is at 3). I must have miss the other 2 posts. I just want to :thumbs: . I think I saw some posts of yours over on GW, if I'm not mistaken you for someone else. Keep posting and share you knowledge with us. :thumbs:

rustyoldjunk

thanks treed.as for posts,i mostly do that at mtf and lurk on the other sites.

T-Mo

Hey, Blacksmithman,

:thumbs: It's good to see you here. :thumbs:

Kelly

As has been said these are pretty stout tractors for what they are and many are still around so can't be to bad.

TR_DIGGER

Thanks Blacksmithman,

I can really use that :thumbs: I have a 16horse on it for now till I get the bugs worked out. It is running and moving. Thanks to you all for all the help. :thumbs:

TR_DIGGER

Well, the White will run but, seems I cant get it to start on it own. :whistle: I have a circut breaker on it, could that be bad? and if that could be it, how can I test it to see?