Sign in to follow this  
combatmp29r

Dual adapters

combatmp29r

Hey guys any ideas on manufacturer of these? Thought they were WH at first, but they never made any with studs like this. They don't look homemade to me, and I fabricate alot.

tractor126.jpg

Sparky

Can you make out any original paint? Looks like I can see some red or orange. That might help narrow it down. Orange might be Simplicity.

Mike.......

Stigian

Sorry ive got no idea what make they are Joel :thumbs:

They do look very well made :thumbs:

Now if you cap off both sides and fill em up with something heavy, they would make a great pair of duel wheel weights :D

Greg B.

I like Ian's thinking. There is a certain, perverse :thumbs: , logic in this suggestion. I wonder if it has ever been done :thumbs: , because I've seen no reference to it on any of the boards that I haunt....

Greg B.

T-Mo

I agree with Greg, Ian's idea does have a lot of merit to it. As for the identity of this adapter, I haven't a clue. :thumbs:

TT

Gravely used heavy cast iron dual adapters (which doubled as weights) for their 2 wheel tractors.

combatmp29r

Mike the paint is definately a redish orange color. I don't know if they were originally red and have faded to the orange color or if the were orangish from birth :thumbs: Perry might know if they are simplicity :thumbs:

Ian I don't think I've everv heard of anyone doing that either, but with the studs weighted adapters wouldn't be half as hard to install as with the carriage bolts. Hmmmmmmm.

combatmp29r

Sheesh where did TT come from???? I didn't even think about Gravely ones Terry. I used to have a set too :thumbs:

What would you guys fill them with?? Just curiouse what everyones opinion would be :thumbs: :D

Stigian

What would you guys fill them with?? Just curiouse what everyones opinion would be

This may sound strange, but id fill them with old nails :D

Think of how heavy a bucket of nails is, and how well they fit together in a bucket :P

Some concrete to hold them all together would add to the weight as well :thumbs:

Just make sure none of the nails can escape, or your be cursing me for giving you the idea :thumbs: :D

combatmp29r

This may sound strange, but id fill them with old nails :D

Whats even funier Ian is I have an old 5 gallon tar bucket almost full with nails and bolts. I fill them up with small steel crap and then take them in for scrap when they get full, and I have a load going. :thumbs:

Oh and don't worry if any escaped I would be cussing myself for listening to you not you for thinking it up :P

So there's one possibilty what else you guys got??? :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Make friends at a local tire shop. see if you can have or buy their old wheel weights, (lead), melt it down and fill up the center. :thumbs: I don't know if that would be any heavier than the nails/concrete?

Rollerman

Orange might be Simplicity.

I'm going to say there not simplicity....Simple/AC dual adapters looked like a tube with two round plates at either end...one you bolt through to the hub..the other end was tapped & acted as another hub.

Now if you cap off both sides and fill em up with something heavy, they would make a great pair of duel wheel weights

Joel if you follow up on that idea...another thing to consider would be some lead shot for reloading....I've seen a few pullers with a bag of shot wedged into the frame someplace.

Greg B.

Gotta go with Jason, on the wheel weights. For anyone around water, another source would be the old exposed lead dive weights. They've fallen out of fashion with the divers.

Greg B.