Sign in to follow this  
jachady

Pulling Green

jachady

So a buddy of mine brought down his 20hp John Deere 118 and of course parks it next to my 314-A. A bunch of guys get to talking and next thing you know we're out back with a chain between the two. I let him start to pull, then I put in forward and just start dragging him across the grass. The laughter was louder than my 14 horse Kohler. So we run again and to give him the benefit, I drop to 1/4 throttle. Same results. So then of course it's not the power it's the traction (he has slicker tires). So we move the party to the asphalt. I've never seen a garden tractor smoke it's tires (the Deere of course).

I'll stick to my Horse's. :omg:

Coadster32

Kick Butt!! :D Next time do a video. (if he's got the guts) :omg:

bk-scouter

Love your story. Thanks for sharing.

-BK

Roger from southern Iowa

Another version of tractor pulling. :D

Darn :D is tough to beat :omg:

rickv1957

:D The greatest! :omg: Rick

KeithB

we get a few JDs showing up at the pulls, they never do anything, all WH and Cub.

gardentracotpullinfool

friends don't let friends pull john deere's!!

Attached Image

post-73-1271976491.jpg

jachady

So now the story gets better. His father in law has a Cub Cadet and decides to bring it down. It's a 169 with a 16 hp Kohler and a hydro trans. He also had tires that were two inches wider and wheel weights so I knew I was in trouble. We hook up and pull the rope tight. On the Go signal, I just get dragged all over the place. Coming to a stop, I look down and see I forgot to throttle up. I was only at 1/4 throttle. :D So we re hook, I throttle up, and he still pulls me. So one of the guys watching says I'm only losing because of weight, so he jumps on. He's got me by 150 pounds. This time the Cub can't budge, it's a draw. Good ole Horse.

After he leaves, I get out my C-125 8 speed to see how it does against the 314-A. A buddy of mine that weighs as much as me jumps on the 314 and I ride the C. I started off in low range 2nd gear. He'd pull me 2 feet, then I'd pull him 2 feet. It was pretty much a draw. So then we went again, this time I used high gear 2nd and pulled him easily. So my bigger buddy jumps on the 314, and I proceed to drag him. :omg:

Now the problem is, is setting up a rematch with that Cub. Only this time the C series is coming out to play. Gotta uphold the name.

Go Horse's

clintonnut

Or I could just put my D-250 in R and shut it off! Lets see him drag that beast! I don't care what garden tractor it is it will not budge and let the other guy destroy his tires! Maybe I'll do that with tractordave3128 this weekend. His 312-8 against my 652 or his 104!

Charlie

josh416

Or I could just put my D-250 in R and shut it off! Lets see him drag that beast! I don't care what garden tractor it is it will not budge and let the other guy destroy his tires! Maybe I'll do that with tractordave3128 this weekend. His 312-8 against my 652 or his 104!

Charlie

boy dont even talk my puller wll yank that d250 backward :D:USA::wh: lol