Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Camping at the show

Kelly

How does this work, can I go on line and get a site or is it first come first serve? I will probably get there fri. afternoon and stay till sun. morning, I will have the wife and 3 kids this will be the first stop on our vac. I just want to be sure I can get a spot to set up our tent, and not be too far from the bathrooms (kids) but not getting there till fri. I'm thinking I'll be out in the back forty. can someone help me figure out how this all works. Thanks

Sparky

I think its first come first serve and its not really a campground either but more of a parking area that is for the camping crowd during the show. No matter where you are the bathrooms arent far.

I'm sure that Buzz will chime in here with more input on the camping scene as I think he camps out every year.

Mike......

oldandred

How does this work, can I go on line and get a site or is it first come first serve? I will probably get there fri. afternoon and stay till sun. morning, I will have the wife and 3 kids this will be the first stop on our vac. I just want to be sure I can get a spot to set up our tent, and not be too far from the bathrooms (kids) but not getting there till fri. I'm thinking I'll be out in the back forty. can someone help me figure out how this all works. Thanks

Kelly theres pleanty of camping at the show some kinda in the woods some in the open as soon as you turn into the show grounds theres a right turn that goes to the camp grounds no hook ups but the bath rooms are just below the camp grounds and on the far side of the show grounds as well now if you camp near the woods theres this chicken or roster that crows all the time.

And if youre next to buzz well he snores all night

Be sure to bring a big trap to cover the tent with as theres a sap that drops off the trees.

So come enjoy and have a good time and wear sun glasses cause all the red will blind.

Buzz

And if youre next to buzz well he snores all night

At least all my noise comes out the top end, unlike some people I know...... I'd mention Jerry's name but I won't say it's him because I don't want to hurt Jerry's feelings. Him and those darned butter bean and road kill stews he cooks. The noises and smells coming from his van .........