Sign in to follow this  
Curmudgeon

Dale's new stable and stuff

Curmudgeon

Finally got the new stable, 16'x24', which we all was too small before it was even started, but the very most I can afford at the time, and then some. Heck, lucky to even have it.

9.10Stable.jpg

After barely getting to move in, and lots to go, it's already getting full. Spent today finding room by standing mower decks, etc., on end, stashing what I can in the two lofts, and in general packing it in again. I'm good at that. Most of this stuff came out of the old 8'x12' shed, lots in the garage yet.

9.10Stableinside.jpg

Here's a general list of most of my stuff:

Tractors:

416-8, Nina

C-160, Bucky

C-Horse

Tall Girl

Beauty, C-81

702, Ginny

Suburban 550, Fast Eddie

RJ-58, Tiny Horse

Lawn Ranger

Wheel Horse attachments:

Mower decks:

48" side

42" side

42" rear, two

36" rear

32" rear, three

36" side, parts deck

Sickle bar

Front blade

Mid-mount blade

Tiller

Tiller, parts

Snowthrower, two

Fence row mower

Moldboard plow

Non-Wheel Horse attachments:

Mid/rear mount blade, 53", home made

Front dozer blade

17 cu. ft. utility trailer

Sprayer, 12v. w/folding 6' boom

Spreader

30" front blade

4-pair, dual wheel rings

Weight bracket

10,000 watt generator

Parts:

7 manual transmissions

1 hydro transmission

4 front axles, some with spindles and tie rods

3 frames

3 hoods

4 seats

Several belt guards

" hood stands w/steering shafts and wheels

" gas tanks

" fenders

" running boards

" lift handles

" pairs of wheels

" starters

Miscellaneous mower parts

Variety of wheel weights, front and rear

Stuff:

4 toy semis

sign

banner

patches

magnets

belt

hat

shirts

brochures

manuals up the wah giggy

cd of service bulletins and manuals

custom made quilt

More than I'm missing I'm sure. Heck, a lot of it I found buried deep in the back of the old shed and had forgotten I have it!!!!!!!

Dale

nylyon

You know, I'll bet you could add a "second floor" to the barn so you could double up on some of the lesser used machinery, maybe 1 or 2 tractor length deep. Nice barn though, I sure wished mine were as nice as that one.

Curmudgeon

If you know it's there, you can see a loft in the picture. There is one in each end, 8' deep. So it does kind of have a second story, and yup, I'm stashing the lighter, less used stuff there. I'm also making a list of what's where so I know what I have. In the moving, I found some stuff I'd forgotten I had! LOL

Also, I have to go back and edit in a 10,000 generator to the attachments list.

Dale

Rollerman

Very nice barn ya got there Dale!

Now is this storage only or gonna have room for a fair weather shop too.

Looks like a nice collection of rims of to the left in the one pic.

I too have several rims....but why keep them bare & shiny when you can preserve them in dry rotted rubber with calcium chloride to boot!..LOL

Stephen in northern IN...spending way to much time on the puter cause those darn mosquitoes

kj4kicks

Sweet playhouse !! Is that Toro red ?? LOL

T-Mo

Nice building. I like it.

Curmudgeon

Storage only. The boss made me locate it far enough from the house that electricity is impossible. It's already full, in that the floor is covered. Today I spent time standing decks on end, tipping blades up, putting more stuff on the mezzanines, etc. in an effort to regain floor space so I can get the rest of the herd, and attachments, in there.

Tomorrow, weather and energy permitting, I'm hoping to get a picture of the heard. That's going to be an undertaking as many don't run, and some that do, don't have batteries. I'll have to park one, remove the battery, put it in another, park it....

My list shows 10 tractors, but the Lawn Ranger is still in boxes, and might be for a while yet. So it'll be a line up of 9 at best.

Dale

T-Mo

I have about 3 sheds - one where I store most of my tractors is located about 100 feet from the house, the second is an old shed that I need to tear down as the floor is rotting out from the run-off as it is situated on a down slope, and the third is the boss's and she wanted it near the house so if would be convenient for her.

I want to tear down the one shed and maybe use some of the material to build another shed for my "toys". Maybe some day when my other projects are finished.

CasualObserver

Dale that new shed is sure nice lookin' :P

For the record....

The boss made me locate it far enough from the house that electricity is impossible.
nothing is too far to run electricity to! :D

I love the lofts... that's a good use of space. Don't forget the stud depth on the walls can turn into tons and tons of little 3 1/2 inch deep shelves. Lots of little stuff can fit on those!

Curmudgeon

I waited several years for that barn, and only have it now due to some very good luck on my wife's part for a change. Since it was for my Horses, I wanted a barn, a gambrel roof barn, so it looked like a barn. Not a pole barn. While cheap and functional, they look just that.

So anyway, took an hour this morning, with some assistance from the boss, but here they are:

9.11Linefront.jpg

Left to right, RJ-58 "Tiny Horse"; Suburban 550 "Fast Eddie"; 702 "Ginny"; 855 w/fence row mower; C-81 "Beauty"; "Tall Girl"; 416-8 "Nina"; "C-Horse"; C-160 "Bucky" w/snow thrower.

Not pictured is the Lawn Ranger. Having just brought it home in several boxes she wasn't ready for pictures yet.

Another angle of them:

9.11Lineend.jpg

Dale, in Michigan

nylyon

Terry, you now have the cover picture for your Wheel Horse Calendar! I love the shot with the horses around the barn with that big ole Toro Wheel Horse sign!

T-Mo

Terry, you now have the cover picture for your Wheel Horse Calendar! I love the shot with the horses around the barn with that big ole Toro Wheel Horse sign!

If I ever get started on it, that's an excellent picture. It covers a few decades of Wheel Horses, not to mentioned the big Toro Wheel Horse banner. Awesome!

Curmudgeon

Thanks guys. All that stuff was a lot of years in accumulating. I've been at this well over 10 years now. Now sure exactly when I started, but it seems like a lifetime ago.

Dale, in Michigan