Sign in to follow this  
tranders

Engine assembly lube

tranders

I've always used STP to assemble new engines.

Curious to hear what everyone else uses.

W9JAB

I have always used Anti-Seize copper. :omg:

rickv1957

I use regular engine oil for assembly on every engine I have rebuilt, no problems,Rick

btrrg1969

I use regular engine oil for assembly on every engine I have rebuilt, no problems,Rick

Me too , I diesel'd mechanic for 12 years

gwgdog66

It's been years, and years like 30 or more, since I've seen this stuff. I don't know that they even make it anymore. It was an assembly lube made by Lubriplate, a white type grease. We always used it on Main, rod and cam bearings in the small block Chevy's when we rebuilt them. There are probably better products out there now.

algrc120man

I build ford small block race engines and i use lucas oil stabilzer works so good i dont even prime the engines when i start them any more. get it at your local wal mart or auto store. :omg::D :D

mavfreak

oil and stp for me. Never any problems.

Ken B

It's been years, and years like 30 or more, since I've seen this stuff. I don't know that they even make it anymore. It was an assembly lube made by Lubriplate, a white type grease. We always used it on Main, rod and cam bearings in the small block Chevy's when we rebuilt them. There are probably better products out there now.

That would be Lubriplate 105. Yes they still make it, though its not getting any easier too find these days. Napa has it or can order it.

Jim_M

I've always used 30W. I used Lucas assembly lube on the puller engine, and couldn't really tell any difference.

hotrodmerc

I use TRW assembly lube for all of the automotive race engines that I build.

gwgdog66

That would be Lubriplate 105. Yes they still make it, though its not getting any easier too find these days. Napa has it or can order it.

Used to come in a white tube? That's probably it.

Ken B

Yep, it still comes in a white tube.