Sign in to follow this  
nwh1-0475

C Series differences

nwh1-0475

I am wondering what the differences are between the C series, like C-120 and C-121. I would like to get a C series and was just wanting to know if one is heavier duty than another one.

Thanks, Dustin

Don1977

They are just a little different in the sheet metal. The PTO and the height adjustment Nob are on the inside of the tower on a C-121 and out side of a C-120 same tractor. If there are any more differences I don't know about them.

Polaris2007

The C-120 has it's engine bolted directly to the frame. The C-121 has the engine bolted to a mounting plate which is attached to the frame via rubber vibration isolation mounts (I believe).

Fiddlestix

Me thinks also, the 1 series (121,161,etc) moved the fuel tank under the seat, on hydro (automatic) models the lift valve was moved inside the steering tower vs. bolted to exterior and the direction lever was moved to the long tall version on right hand side vs. the short "shifter" like stem in center panel.

MalMac

The C-121 is just the updated version of a C-120. There are a few changes like described in the earlier post. The C-121 is the tractor that the last models are based off of or at least they share what the last models all have in common.

mnWHfan

The C121 also has wider front rims, which make the front tires look wider. This is a look that I like. The battery is also more accessible in the C121, but the hydraulic lift control valve is more accessible on the C120.

algrc120man

the only thing i have to say is if you are going to do heavy work stay away from the hydro but they are awsome for mowing blowing and snow plowing. :omg:

can whlvr

also to add that the hood stand changed in 1978,the year that the 1 is replacing the 0,the hood stand on the newer modlels is enclosed and has more tin than thick aluminum,but all c series tractors are up to the challange029.jpg016-2.jpg