Sign in to follow this  
fritz

Clicking

fritz

I sold a transmission couse I thought it was good and the guy brought it back saying it was clicking. But in reverse only. I have no clue what this could be. the tractor it came off of we thought it was the belt and the frame couse the frame was broke. Does any one have any idea??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you

Devin

Duff

Devin, what was the tranny? I'll be watching for answers to your question, too, because I've got an 8-speed out of an '88 312-8 that's got a strange clicking noise when I roll it around (the engine hasn't been remounted yet). I've checked and it's not the drive pulley or brake drum hitting anything.

I've had this tranny completely apart, replaced all the bearings and seals, and found nothing inside that looked bent, chipped or broken. I did replace the hi-low shift fork because the old one was worn pretty thin.

Until I get the motor back on I can't test it under load, but the noise has me concerned - it was doing it before I did the tear-down, too. :D

Guys, any ideas?????

Duff :omg:

Irv

Check the dipstick. I've had that happen and after checking belts, etc. found it was just the way the dipstick was in, turned it a different way and no click.

ol550

Possibly the backup alarm. :omg: :D