Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

SuperTrap Quiet Mufflers

T-Mo

I wonder if this one would work.

John Deere 110 muffler

combatmp29r

Ahhhh Rural King. What a nice store that is. I really need to get this IN move thoing going. TSC is too high priced and never has what you need on the shelf, always "We'll order it for you." :thumbs:

Rollerman

Looks like Rural King in my area has the part too.

That looks like the makeings of a great stack pipe?

Been looking for a reason to head over to Rural King again.

combatmp29r

Well look around for me while your there Stephen. Its 5 hours to my nearest Rural King. :thumbs:

Terry that does look like a heck of a good starting point for a stack :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Hey Terry, if you're thinking about going with a little stubby stack anyway... this Gravely one doesn't require a 90 deg. elbow... the inlets on the side.

Gravely Stens muffler

T-Mo

I'm kind of leaning towards that little JD muffler. I like the idea it's a little shorter and it's threaded on the inlet (eliminates one fitting and a clamp). I might just go ahead and order it. The only thing I'm not sure is that the JD 110 had a 8 hp Kohler and my C has a 14 hp Kohler (but the muffler does say for 12 hp).

Nick

Jason, The gravley muffler is what I have on the LR. Its not a bad sounding smaller muffler. That ebay price is what I paid a couple years ago at Glens Surplus so that is a good price. I had a picture of it above just to show the size difference but this is a better picture. I looked for a HP rating on the gravely muffler but didnt find one.

Nick

front002-1.jpg

CasualObserver

Nice Nick... I think that's kinda what I'm looking for.... I did a search... you can do an electronic parts catalog (they call theirs the Parts Radar) on the Gravely.com site... and Gravely 018543 shows up on 12-16 hp tractors... the 8000 series. just FYI

Curmudgeon

I didn't read the entire thread, but if you want one of those expensive Super Trapp mufflers, it's yours, just come get it. I didn't care for it. LOL

Rollerman

Terry I know you have already decided against it.

The thread hasn't moved in awhile & seen Dale added to it.

My expeirence with them has been on ATV & after repacking the sons silencer a few weeks back I do know I dislike them now too.

A few of the screws holding the disc's in had froze even after putting anti sieze on...did I mention the dics's rattled too.

T-Mo

Yeah, Stephen, I think I'm either going with the IH-1 or that little JD muffler (more likely). I just been busy doing other things to pull the trigger on one. I guess I need to stop procrastinating and get one. :thumbs:

COMMANDO1

WE USED TO PUT STEEL WOOL AND FIBER GLASS INSUL IN OUR MOTOR CYCLE MUFFLERS TO QUIET THEM DOWN, AND SURPRISINGLY IT LASTS FOR SOME TIME

Hodge71

I'm doing the Gravely muffler on my 1973 18 auto. I was told the muffler was for 12-16 hp Gravelys. I'm sure it will be just fine for my 18. You only have exhaust coming out of 1 cylinder at a time anyhow. its not like a V8 where you have multiple cylinders firing at 1 time. I got it because of the 90 degree inlet. its going to work well I believe. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Rollerman

This is actually a very old thread, but Jeff the Gravely mufflers should work pretty good for your application.

Since your K482 is like two "9HP" Kohlers shareing the same crank.

littleredrider

I'm not sure if it's the IH-1 muffler, but I have two of the mufflers. One is on the 13 horse ranger, and the other on the 10 horse diesel. They don't sound bad, and not too loud. I know the pepper shaker muffler on the 10 horse Kohler is pretty loud, and they are defenitly quiter than that. I think I had $50 in mine after getting some fittings.

71_Bronco

So I know this is an old thread, but has anybody used these mufflers?

I am looking for one for my Bronco 14, and would like it to be as quiet as I can within reason. These look like they might work.

Anybody???

kpinnc

Nick, I don't know what it is exactly with my 1971 Bronco- but it is every bit as loud as a 16hp Kohler. I've even tried the canister muffler from a newer machine, and it made very little difference.

If you DO find something that works, please let me know as well.