Sign in to follow this  
.5racer

engine`s question

.5racer

Has anybody ever tried to build a 6 , 10 horse pulling tractor . To side by side , three deep and pull with it ?

TT

A guy that comes to our local antique show has an old off-brand farm tractor (might be a "General"?) with six 5hp Briggs engines. They are mounted three down each side, and all feed power to a central shaft via "clutched" V belts. (so he only has to pull start one engine and then kick the tensioners in to start the others.)

The old engine was too bad to save and he couldn't locate another -- so it was a good way to save the tractor, and he now has 30hp instead of the original 16 or 18. (I can't remember what it was originally. :thumbs: )

He has pulled the "big" sled with it and it actually does very well!

Buzz

Check out the rule for the club you want to pull with before you build it. A lot of clubs won't let multi engined pullers pull. It would be neat to see though I saw the "General" at the Jacktown show last fall. Didn't see him pull.

.5racer

would be for demastration and pull-show to get a crowd reaction. Only way to pull in compution would be if they had a unlimited class ,then I`d probably under guned by a ,,,,harley motor,,,, of all things , Was thinking 6 kohle moters though !!! Think it would look awsom ( spelling ) to see and drive. Might have to see about a frame sometime this summer and a few rebuildable motors.

CasualObserver

I'd like to see a WH with a snowmobile motor in it... anybody ever done that one? :thumbs: Torque converter clutch... I'll bet you could get some pretty good speed/power with it.