Sign in to follow this  
Confused99

Picked Up A Nut Roaster

Confused99

Just bought this today on ebay. I am picking it up on my way to visit family down in Iowa this weekend. Not sure the model but guess it to be a 1961. I am also guessing the engine is not original and as you can see, I need some rear wheels. Anyone have a set for sale local or would be willing to ship? I figure it will make a great project for the kids and I to work on. With my recent layoff, I need something to do :omg:

WH1.jpg

WH2.jpg

Roger from southern Iowa

Good for you!!

Looks to be a straight tractor. :omg:

Confused99

Good for you!!

Looks to be a straight tractor. :omg:

Thanks, I also forgot to mention it needs a rear hub also so if someone has one let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

edit - Sorry to steal one from Iowa and bringing it to Minnesota :D

Duff

I was watching that one, Jason, not to buy but more out of curiousity that someone would put it out there with no rear wheels. Glad you got it, and I'm sure someone here will have some parts for you!

Nice addition!

Duff :omg:

grnlark

Nice score Jason. It looks like a nice lillte machine!

rickv1957

Jason,nice find there! :omg: Rick

854WH

yea i saw that one too great find man

wallfish

Nice score!

Looks like a 551 to me. Originally came with an electric start Tecumseh H55 D

802heath

great find! :omg:

Operator

Scratch my idea on wheels Jas, your hub is three bolt, I have five bolt. Sorry.

Randy

Horse'n Around

I saw that on ebay also. It caught my eye right off, it looks like its going to be a great project. Im glad that it found a good home, Congratulations!!!

John

DMK855

Scratch my idea on wheels Jas, your hub is three bolt, I have five bolt. Sorry.

Randy

The five bolt wheels are the same!! Just only use 3 bolts!! :omg:

DMK855

Confused, looks like a very solid start to a good project!! Congrats!! :omg:

Confused99

Thanks guys. I am looking forward to the project.

I did break the news to my wife this evening, which went over like a fart in church but, thankfully she didn't smack me in the head too hard.

I will post pics as soon as I can. Looks like I am picking it up on Sunday on my return trip.

Jason

Coadster32

Nice pickup. :omg: Looks pretty good. A few weeks back I had some 6-12s for sale but they got gobbled up pretty quick. I do have a set of 3 bolt hubs though. They're not original to WH but will fit. PM me if interested.

Suburban 550

Congratulations, Jason. :D Glad to see someone from here got it and went to a good home. Good Luck with the new project. :omg:

VinsRJ

I've got a set of rear 6-12 RJ Suburban rims (no tires) and a set of three bolt hubs, if you are interested PM me or post up on your thread.

eibbed

Very nice tractor! :omg: You and your kids will have a lot of fun with it.

Dave

Lawn Ranger kid

Great looking tractor! :omg:

Josh

Confused99

Thanks everyone. I may have found a set of rims and a hub here local so I will see if that pans out. I havn't told the kids yet so they should be excited.

Jason

Confused99

Here she is at the gas station just before getting on the interstate. I stopped to check the straps. While checking them, I had a guy come over and look at it asking all sorts of questions :omg:

P4110031.jpg

P4110032.jpg

Here are a few pics after I got her unloaded and put next to her much younger siblings. I even caught the wife sitting on it. She says she doesn't like it but I think she just doesn't want to admit it.

P4110034.jpg

P4110036.jpg

Here are some close up pics of some areas. One issue I see is the person that put the briggs in did some cutting and welding :D . If someone has a picture of what this is supposed to look like I would appreciate it. Also I am guessing the blade is 100% fabed up and no part of it is factory ??

P4110037.jpg

P4110038.jpg

P4110039.jpg

P4110040.jpg

P4110041.jpg

P4110042.jpg

P4110043.jpg

P4110044.jpg

And lastly, I am guessing this is a 1961 551?

Jason

tgranthamfd

I think you are right, looks as if they changed around the battery compartment to accommodate the different engine.

Confused99

I forgot to post the bad that I found when I picked it up. Something is wrong with the trans. It will roll about 3 feet forward or backwards and then it locks up. It doesn't have frozen water in the trans as it was 70 degrees when I picked it up. Anyone have a similar problem or know the fix. I am sure it involves splitting the case.

Also, anyone have the piece that was cut up on mine where the battery mounts? I am also looking for an original engine or worst case I may go with a K91.

Jason

Operator

Looks like a decent little tractor! Close haul and nice weather to do it. Plus you got to meet a fellow member!

Randy

PS I think your wife likes it by the smile on her face..

Confused99

Looks like a decent little tractor! Close haul and nice weather to do it. Plus you got to meet a fellow member!

Randy

PS I think your wife likes it by the smile on her face..

Yes, it was a good trip and Lord Hellmutt (Jason) hooked me up with some rear rims/tires and a hub. Great meeting you Jason and hope to see you at the show in Aug.

Yeah, I think you are right. She did say it was "ok" lastnight so we are getting there.