Sign in to follow this  
prink3

newbie/clevis hitch question

prink3

Good afternoon fellas, I've been lurking here for a while taking advantage of all of your great wheel horse info. Nice site. I bought a C-141 about a year ago that came with a RD deck, snowblower, tiller, and a homemade dozer blade that weighs, well, alot.

Here's a pic from last summer when I was setting up to move a 12x12 shed across the yard.

2.JPG

Has anybody made the hitch portion of a clevis hitch before? I've been looking for one for a while because I want to make a landscape rake attachment. I haven't had any luck on epay. If figure if I'm going to make the rake, why not make the hitch too.

Would it be possible to get dimensions from one of you guys that has one?

Thanks,

Mike

T-Mo

Mike,

:thumbs: I also have a C-141. But, unfortunately I don't have a hitch for it. I do know these do come up from time to time on ebay. I hadn't looked in a while, but I have seen one or two in the past there.

Again, welcome to the site.

prink3

Thank's JDterry, I'll keep looking.

I don't know what happened to my shed moving pic, but here's the link to it. Link

and the result

link2

Thanks, Mike

nylyon

Mike, welcome to RedSquare. I have a hitch, not for sale, and took some rough measurements for you:

The bar stock appears to be 2" x 3/8" except the lift bar which is 1 1/2" x 3/8". The tractor mount portion is snug with the attachment point on the tractor. From the tractor mount pin to the first bend is about 5 1/2", next bend is about 3 1/2" and the final is about 2 1/2" Total length from tractor mount pin center to the outer edge on the back of the bar is about 11". Where the lift cable attaches is 6 1/2" from the center of the lift hole to the bottom of the hitch. The back of the hitch is about 5" across with the center lift tube measuring 3 3/8" high from the bottom of the hitch. There re 2 holes with nuts welded to the inside. Those holes are 3 1/4" from center to center.

I don't have a picture handy, but there should be tons floating around. Hope this helps, it shouldn't be too hard to make.

Greg B.

Thanks, Karl. That's one of those things that keep rattling around in my head, but I keep forgetting to ask about :imstupid:

:thumbs: Mike

Greg B.

prink3

Thanks for the welcome guys and thanks for the dimensions Karl.

Just a couple of follow-ups.

The center tube (where you put the pin for attachments) is 3-3/8" tall from the bottom, so does that mean that it's flush with the bottom and sticks up above the main bar stock 1-3/8"?

How far back from the mount pin? Is it square with the main bar stock or at an angle?

Thanks again,

Mike

pond195520032003

:thumbs: Mike, glad to see you posting insted of lurking :D good luck on the hitch. i just sold one on ebay a couple weeks ago :thumbs:

nylyon

I'll have to check tomorrow, it's in the shed and it's dark and cold out there, and there may be a monster under the floor :thumbs:

Kelly

Are you wanting the insert to go in a slot hitch or the clevis hitch itself? I made a adaptor out of scrap I had, I tried to post pic's but Photobucket is messed up right now, I will try later.

prink3

The clevis hitch itself.

I picked up some 2x3/8 bar this weekend to get started.

Thanks,

Mike

glenn27

I may have one left--I will check my storage area and post back by the weekend..... :thumbs:

glenn

glenn27

I may have one left--I will check my storage area and post back by the weekend..... :thumbs:

glenn

I checked--and Sorry--I don't have an extra clevis hitch--- :thumbs:

prink3

Thanks for checking Glenn. I started making one, and ran out of acetlyene on the second bend. By the time I got a refill, I ended up winning one on ebay.

I found a 8" brinly plow for sale local, that I picking up Tuesday. I assume that its going to rain starting Tuesday thru about May.

Mike