Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

4x4 Wheel horse kinda

Kelly

Here's a project for someone 4x4 Ebay Item number: 230231532268

combatmp29r

Wow that would be rough on our hills with that solid mount front axle. Here is ta link to it.

• Like 1

Kelly

Joel He said it pivots like normal. But how do you shift? when you put a engine on top of the trans.

combatmp29r

Not sure Kelly. You would have to spin the pully opposite normal too with it mounted the way it is. Otherwise 1st on the rear would go forward, and 1st on the front would go bakwards. Hmmm I see an issue there.

.5racer

plus allthat weight on thos little bolts that do the turning. should be a little beefier if your gona put something on the front .

TT

NOW you know why it never got finished. ('cause it'll never work. :thumbs: )

combatmp29r

Yeah I was kinda thinking that too Terry. Nice efort though.

pond195520032003

looks like another lame horse needing put down :thumbs:

Nick

If nothing else that does give you some ideas, even if its what not to do. :thumbs: A few tweaks here and there and it might even work into a plan. :thumbs:

How about a couple hydro powered transaxles that turn under the tractor like this?

Youtube tractor video

Rollerman

It's deffinatley a differant design.

The think I was wondering is the lack of clearance under that front case.

But then it be no differant than a Lawn Ranger.

I put it on my watch list...if nothing else it can be a good parts donor... :thumbs:

How about a couple hydro powered transaxles that turn under the tractor like this

Nick I have seen a those on ebay....I had no idea they turned that way & that sharp!

Still dizzy from watching the vid too.

T-Mo

I was thinking that at least it could give Ian some ideas on NOT what to do. But, Stephen is right, it would make a good parts tractor.

Also, I think, that articulated Husqavarna is factory. They're more popular in Europe, but they have sold a few here in the states.

Stigian

An interesting idea :thumbs:

Im not quite sure what was going on in his head with the backwards mounted box though :D

Be worth buying for the parts and building it the right way :thumbs:

TT

Did you guys forget my hydraulic-drive articulated C series (drawing) already? :D

Two transaxles mounted so they're BOTH facing forward and placed in the same gear. (let's just say second :thumbs: ) Do the same steering knuckle modification to the front transmission as the one on ebay and drive them each with hydraulic motors controlled by the same direction control valve. (you could belt drive them so the ratios could be adjusted for smaller front tires.)

The shifter of the front transmission would be out in front of the frame, so it could actually be operated if you needed to. (just cut it off so it's short)

(sounds like too much work to me though! :thumbs: )