Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Anyone else thinking this way?

nylyon

I've got to tell ya, I love the Summer, warm weather, longer days, mowing the lawn, dragging around the trailer just lots of seat time. But today while mowing I started to daydream about snow. Even thinking of the details like putting the blower on the C-120 and parking it at the top of the driveway all covered up. Then thinking about the kind of weights and chains I want to use. Oh, then there's the things I need to prepare for winter like a new choke cable for the 414, new wear bar for the plow.... It made me long for some snow, and how much fun it's going to be. So, is it just me?

Rollerman

It's just you!...LOL

I enjoy the snow plowing/blowing when we get it...but here in my part of IN seems like we get a light dusting here & there...then 1 big wet snow.

But to soon for that kinda of thinking.

I'm looking forward to fall to try out the track vac on the leaves....cross that bridge first.

Stephen in northern IN

nylyon

I was afraid it might just just be me.... :D

Curmudgeon

It's just you.

Snow is a four letter word. It's costly, dangerous to drive in, and we have to go to work, regardless. It's cold and wet. Comes with weather that breaks things from freezing. Raises cane with roads, frost, and salting. Comes with high heating bills, way higher than cooling in the summer.

And those are the best parts of it!!!!!

Snow. ICK, just like Detroit, if I never see it again, it'll be too soon.

Dale, in Michigan

perry

yep, i have been rounding up all my snow removal stuff for about a month now. i have 7 tractors to plow with this year. can never have too many ready to tackle my wicked driveway. plus i have a buddy or two that stop buy and lend a hand plowing. takes me 3 hours to 2 days depending how much snow we get and how cold it is. i need a snow cab.

nylyon

I'm looking forward to fall to try out the track vac on the leaves....cross that bridge first.

I think that my be my problem, I have nothing for the fall, no rake, vacuum, log splitter, chipper implements, nothing so the only thing I have to look forward to is the winter. I need some help getting Fall implements.... <_>

Sparky

I'm kinda thinkin about it as well Karl. We're building a 3 car garage so I would like the snow to hold off but I love plowin and blowin a good snow.

Nelson343.jpg

I also get a chance to clear out some neighbors driveways that have little lawn tractors that cant push or blow snow.

Nelson036.jpg

Mike....

Sparky

Heres another shot of some winter fun.

Nelson343.jpg

Mike........

nylyon

3-car garage, that's like 30 Wheel Horses! Way to go...

perry

3-car garage, that's like 30 Wheel Horses! Way to go...

oh i think i could get more than 30 in there :D .

3 car garage , thats great . where gonna need pics.

i felt like a kid on christmas morning when i went from a 10 X 10 shed to a 24 X 24 garage. now im in desperate need of a big'ol pole barn.

T-Mo

I'm thinking of a big pole barn, even a small pole barn. One of those is on my agenda in the future.

As for snow, we don't get a whole lot here, though from time to time we do get some big snows, i.e. Christmas '02 we got 11 inches on the 23rd then another 7 inches Christmas eve. And December '00 we got 8 inches around the 14 and another 8 inches the 16 or 17. But for the most part, we get small snows that only wreck havoc on the roads. I wouldn't mind a snow if it did it on days I can stay home and enjoy the scenery.

T-Mo

Mike, btw, love the snow removal pictures. One of those would be excellent for the Wheel Horse calender if I ever make one.

Sparky

Hey Treed, feel free to use the pics.

Mike....

kj4kicks

Grass, snow, stones, dirt..... Doesn't much matter, the horses will eat anything....

T-Mo

Mike,

What are your snow removal tractors? Sorry if you posted this before, but your snow blower tractor looks similar to my 314-8 and your snow plow tractor looks to be a C-series one.

Sparky

Good eye Treed! The blower tractor is a 1989 312-8 with a 42" blower. The plow tractor is actually a 1981 GT2500 which was an anniversary tractor made with the older style sheetmetal. It originally came with an 11hp Briggs but when I got it she had a tired 10hp Kohler that gave me 2 years of service before it quit. I replaced it with a newer 10hp Kohler that runs sweet.

Mike....

Curmudgeon

snowremover.jpg

blowingsnow.jpg

Sparky

Hey Dale, is it just a optical illusion or is the hood jacked up on yer blower tractor? If so, why.

Mike...being nosey

nylyon

Holy Snowballs that 2-stage can shoot the snow! I like it!

nylyon

Hey Dale, is it just a optical illusion or is the hood jacked up on yer blower tractor? If so, why.

Mike...being nosey

Is that an Onan under that hood? Maybe that's why it's raised a bit?

T-Mo

Dale,

Nice, and Karl is right, that thing blow the snow.

Mike,

I didn't realize that the GT2500 look so much like a C-series from the front.

Sparky

It looks just like a 70's "C" series. Has all the 70's style sheetmetal. It was made when the black hoods(my favorite) were being produced as an anniversary tractor. Had special decals but mine were removed before I got it. It was actually a cheapened down version of a "C" with an 11hp aluminum Briggs(cheaper), a 10 pinion/1" axles rear end(cheaper) and 22x7.50x12 rear tires(cheaper). The hood has a small section cut out on the left side from the factory to make room for the Briggs air cleaner.

Mike....

T-Mo

I remember a month or two back that someone over on MTF picked up a GT-something with a 11 hp Briggs. I can not remember if it was a GT2500, which I think it was. I remember it was in excellent shape.

Curmudgeon

I just love dropping bombs and seeing how people react.

Those are pictures of my brother from my old website.

Here's the caption that belongs with the first picture:

This is as close to the ultimate Wheel Horse snow removal system I have seen. It has a 2 stage snow blower modified with electric chute rotator and electric actuator chute tilt. The rear blade is home made. All hydraulic lift with power up, down and float on both the blade and blower.

The caption for the second:

The two stage blower in action. Don't like the snow out front in the driveway, blow it into the back yard!!!

The story behind it:

Added by Lyle on 2-9-2000

The "snow machine" started as a C-145 automatic that I bought used. The

engine was a little tired so I replaced it with a 20 horse Onan that came out

of a welder. Then came the deal on a used Toro 44 in. snowblower. Now those

things are heavy and steering was difficult. What better way to

counterbalance the weight than a blade on the back! I built a one of a kind

mounting bracket on the tractor (actually my C-160 has one too) and thanks to

the Surplus Center in Lincoln Nebraska found 2 hydraulic valves that could be

bolted together and replaced the original valve. The blade started as a 24"

pipe 5 1/2' long. I cut a slice for the blade then boxed it and added

mounting hardware. It is basically a 2 point mount with the lift cylinder the

3rd.

The tractor tread tires are loaded with chloride for 80 additional lb. each

and carry 175 lb. of steel weights on EACH side, the front tires have 45 lb.

of steel on each side. Add the tire chains and I have no problem getting

around. The total weight of this rig is 1820 lb.! That's right, put me and a

little snow on it and its more than a ton!

With the cab, electric powered chute rotator and tilt (also from the Surplus

Center) overhead front and rear work lights, scraper, and the ability to back

out of a small ditch, it almost makes cleaning the driveway fun. Lyle.

Buzz

If you need to do some serious snow blowing, and want to be one up on your obnoxious neighbor, check out this site. :D

www.v8snowblowers.com