Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

S/G brackets

Kelly

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to my own question but I want to be sure. Are the S/G brackets upper and lower ones for the 1075,1055, ect... diff. than any other brackets? they do set the S/G closer to the block right? I have a 1075 but I don't have anything to compaire it to, I have a 953 but the brackets are butchered, and I didn't know if that took a diff. setup also. there's a set on ebay from a guy that I'm buying other stuff from for a 1055.

TT

Kelly, they are definitely different than the long frame tractor brackets. (like my 1056) I know they take a different belt and guard too.

The S/G is also lower on the medium frame models so it will clear the gas tank "tray".

pond195520032003

Terry, is right :thumbs: also there are long and short brackets for the long and short S/G's! :thumbs:

Kelly

Thanks TT, I was pertty sure on that but didn't want to spend money for something I know I could get cheaper later, He told me if I buy a few items from him off ebay he will sell me the left over tractor with the engine, he sold the S/G belt guard, I'm going to have about $200 into this 1055 and it will be missing parts and be in peices, I think most of the missing parts I can get fairly easy (exept S/G gaurd) I hope it's worth it, I havn't seen many of the short frame big block tractors for sale, and I'd like to have one of each, someday, I hope I'm not rushing it.

Kelly

I have a pile of S/G (I buy all of the ones I find in the junk yard) and I think I have at least 3-4 diff. ones out of the 12 or 13 I have. long, short, ends are diff. some have oilers, I think some are fatter than others.

perry

I have a pile of S/G (I buy all of the ones I find in the junk yard) and I think I have at least 3-4 diff. ones out of the 12 or 13 I have. long, short, ends are diff. some have oilers, I think some are fatter than others.

you and your damn junk yards :thumbs: . :thumbs:

would be nice to still have a yard available. they are just about all gone around here. and my old junk man from back in the day retierd :D .

Kelly

Sorry Perry but if I don't scronge them I don't find all the good deals so I can aford to do this hobby I sure as heck couldn't do it off ebay. But I do sell stuff I get out of the junk yards on there. You'll have to come by my place some time and I'll take you to a few places around here.