Sign in to follow this  
trapperjoe

GT-14 trans

trapperjoe

I have 3 GT-14`s that all have the same trouble. the hydro is weak. I`ve explored inside them and found broken springs in valves, and I re-surfaced the swash-plate in one and shimmed it back to original. I just can`t make them useable anymore. Someone suggested the overhaul shop, but they want about $1,000.00 to make it work. What have you guys done to fix these old machines? A neighbor suggested that if I`m out of ideas, I could try some 50 weight racing oil instead of trans fluid...

A couple years ago, I switched the pump/motor from a Bronco-14 onto a GT-14, but lost one direction (forward? or reverse?). Can that switch be made successfully?

Joe

Brrly1

Hello Trapperjoe, I am pretty sure there can be a swap made. You can also look for a piston to piston setup out of a C160 which will work also. I guess I have been fortunate and have only had to replace broken springs. There are quite a few different people on here that can help. Don't give up on them because they can be repaired. Oh, Welcome to Red Square :omg::D:D

See Ya, Bye Burly

:D

Spelling Check ( I went all the way thru third grade and only missed one word )

Hard to Believe

Roger from southern Iowa

I recommend taking Burly's advice, don't give up on them!!

I also have a GT14 that works great. Believe me, you will love them when you get them going.

And :omg:

rickv1957

Hello and :omg: Rick

trapperjoe

Thanks all. I used my best GT-14 for 4-5 years before it "gave-up". I know what they can do! It mowed grass very nicely!! I picked-up a couple more about the same time for parts, but they are complete enough that I hate to tear them apart. I`m not sure what to try next.

Where do you get parts for these trannys?

Joe

Brrly1

Trapperjoe, What kind of parts are you looking for? I can get springs.

See Ya, Bye Burly :D

:omg:

trapperjoe

Thanks Burly, but the problem IS, I don`t know what they need. It`s been a few years now since I was into one, so I don`t remember all the parts now. Can you estimate what it would take to make one "not feasable to repair"?

Joe

baerpath

I listed one in the for sale section for parts, the rear was suppossedly rebuilt. I do know they had it apart, cause the axles are put back in backwards :omg:

I'm in NY and have 4 of them

Duane