Sign in to follow this  
The Toolman

C-101 shifter stick

The Toolman

My shifter was wobbbling around a lot, so I took it out of the tranny and it appears the pin holding the ball was broke an part gone. Look s like somebody tried to fix it before with a small real soft bolt for a pin.

Now, I can make a new pin on the lathe for it, but how far does it go thru the ball an handle? All the way, or is it a little short so the bolt holding the shifter in can stick in the pin hole some?

:omg:

stevasaurus

Could you tell us which tractor or (if you know) which transmission you have?

They are not all the same. :omg:

rickv1957

Steve,Ron has a C101,Rick

stevasaurus

Dang...I see that now...senior moment. I was hoping it was a 3 speed uni-drive, because my shifter is laying on the bench. Too easy. :omg:

Save Old Iron

Could you tell us which tractor or (if you know) which transmission you have?

They are not all the same. :omg:

Still a valid question - he could be working on a different tractor !

pfrederi

I am a little unclear on your problem. Are you talking about the dog point setscrew that goes through teh case and into the ring on the shifter or about one of the balls and springs that are inside the tranny??

The Toolman

The stick itself and the 1/2 ball that it pivots on, that is on the shifter stick

rickv1957

Ron,that pin goes all the way through,the set screws starts in hole,just so shifter can move forward and backward,Rick

The Toolman

Ron,that pin goes all the way through,the set screw stops short of the pin hole,just stays in slot on ball so shifter can move forward and backward,Rick

Please give me a buzz, some other info needed about it..

Thanx,

Ron

oldandred

My shifter was wobbbling around a lot, so I took it out of the tranny and it appears the pin holding the ball was broke an part gone. Look s like somebody tried to fix it before with a small real soft bolt for a pin.

Now, I can make a new pin on the lathe for it, but how far does it go thru the ball an handle? All the way, or is it a little short so the bolt holding the shifter in can stick in the pin hole some?

the pin that goes though the ball as you call it and the stick goes all way and is even with the edges and doesnt stick out eigthor side or can be welded at the bottom and top take your pick

WheelHorse_of_course

The pin goes all the way through and is supposed to be a split pin.

If the splint pin from your hardware store is to short just tap it in until it is centered in the ball.

Best of luck

:D :omg:

The Toolman

We got'er fixed an ready to roll..... My new WH buddy Larry fixed it for me. Found out I have a lot of WH fellers that lives around here.

WheelHorse_of_course

We got'er fixed an ready to roll..... My new WH buddy Larry fixed it for me. Found out I have a lot of WH fellers that lives around here.

:D

Just be careful, ok?

There have been rustlers on this board that posed as friends!

:D

:D :omg:

rickv1957

Ron,glad you got it going,Larry is a great guy!,Rick