Sign in to follow this  
perry

front weights question

nylyon

I'm no expert, but they look like they are Wheel Horse weights. I have front weights on my 414-8 which I am sure are not WH. I got that information from seeing the Wheel Horse weights on eBay, and these look like they are Wheel Horse.

T-Mo

Though I'm no expert, I think I agree with Karl. They appear to be WH weights.

CasualObserver

They look like WH. Just a FYI... new ones were still available when I checked with one of my local dealers last fall.

Cast Iron 8" Front Weight (8-1214) 25# per wheel / 50# per pair were still available for $119.98/pair.

Cast Iron 12" Rear Weight(8-1117) 50# per wheel / 100# per pair were still available for $179.98/pair.

Prices may have changed a little, I haven't checked recently.

jason

nylyon

Welcome abord Jason. I had checked last year and that's about the prices I was told as well. Toro will probably phase these items out as supply lasts.

T-Mo

Jason, I want to be the second to welcome you to the site.

Toro probably will phase out the weights as they can just use MTD's weights in their inventory to match the MTD made Toros. Sorry, I'm still upset with Toro over that decision. :D

CasualObserver

Thanks for the welcome. :D And I agree the MTD thing was a mistake. It's a shame that the Wheel Horse Classic GT is about to become just another piece of history... :P