Sign in to follow this  
seabiscuit

ARK 500 loader

seabiscuit

Now that I have one, what's the proper way to remove it without killing myself? Any WH directions available? :omg:

Nick

The best way is to buy another tractor and leave the loader mounted at all times. :omg: It really is nice to have a dedicated loader tractor. Having one available, with both a bucket and forks, makes it so much more useful. And you will find many more uses for it when it is ready to go.

Im guessing its about the same procedure as a KW loader. Drop the pump and the supports that run to the front. Then pull the main arms and drop the sub frame off. Might have missed a few items it has been a while since I pulled one off.

rickv1957

The 550 has stands to attach to loader uprights then you can just drive tractor under,Rick

seabiscuit

I hear ya but my other tractor is a yard tractor and I need the WH to mount my tiller.

seabiscuit

The guy I got this from mentioned the stands. They shouldn't be too hard to make. I really would like to see a ARK/WH manual though. Sometimes a picture is worth a bunch of words...

rodco

I also wanted to remove the loader, but it seems like more trouble than it is worth.

Why would you need to remove the Loader to use a tiller?

Can 2 PTO's be used at the same time?

I wanted to take mine off, so I can sand it down and paint it, but I am using it a lot right now for the yard. Digging, moving stone and dirt, grading etc.

I guess I can use my Troy-Bilt tiller for ground breaking.. Its an old one, but works damn well. Too bad no one builds them like that anymore.

4329045817_bc54e946b0.jpg

seabiscuit

The lower frame will interfer with the pulley/belt assy. My loader is a little defferent, I don't have a cross member in front like yours. Mine fits into the atteachment lock on the front of the tractor where the pulley attaches for a mower. The ARK I have is a model 510 QM so I don't know what the differences are between the different models.

Attached Image

post-4-1268867397.jpg

Nick

The Ark loader supports must have varied some over the years but dont think Ive seen any similar to yours before. :omg:

Had this Ark 500 a few years back.

loader006-2.jpg

pfrederi

Make your own stands. 1/2 inch steel rod and two 2x4s. Drill a hole in the 2x4 (the 3.5 inch way). make sure the rod is long enough to allow the front wheels to pass through ((and the2x4 tall enough) I had to make mine twice as I forgot to leave enough height to clear the turning brake pedals.... There is a ring on each vertical strut that the rod slips into.

Set the bucket on the ground put the rods in the ring with the 2x4 angled to the front. Unbolt the uprights and the front support. Stand on the tractor and lift the unit using the cross bar. as you lift the 2x4s will become vertical and will support the rear of the unit. unhook your hydraulic lines and back out