Sign in to follow this  
billyban1

D-Series Muffler Replacements

billyban1

I posted this on

rickv1957

If there is a replacement,I could use a set also,Rick

billyban1

I stopped at a few different places on the way home from work and searched for something usable on the

pfrederi

These are B&S Mufflers part number 291519.

I jury rigged some pipe elbows on them. Directed straight down it left brown spots in the grass if you let it sit in one spot for any length of time. If I had to do over I would get some tubing bend it and clamp it to the muffler end instead.

IMG_3231.jpg

billyban1

Thanks for the B & S part number. I will look into those. I'm a pretty good mig welder, so I can modify about anything.

billyban1

Thanks pfrederi, the picture was a great help. I did an on-line search for that B & S muffler part number with a web parts supplier and came up with a $48 and change price tag. Does that sound about right or should I do a little more searching? Did you have any trouble removing the short nipples out of the elbows. That old exhaust stuff is dangerous to start twisting on. I

rickv1957

Paul,I like the look of them mufflers!!,Rick

Gerry w

I had an issue with exhaust coming into my cab from the mufflers on my Auto 20, so I re-routed them as stack mufflers, if you do this almost any muffler from TS store would work I think, just size them for your taste. Pic shows what it looks like. I've got stock mufflers on it now but plan on getting newer ones soon.

DSCN3959-1.jpg

Roger from southern Iowa

Those are a couple of good options, thanks

I will be keeping both in mind soon as my D also is in need of mufflers. :omg:

stevebo

I have a friend who found a set (2) new mufflers for his D200 on ebay. They were threaded at both ends (1 inch) and they we purchased for only $75 plus shipping for both.

dr74go

I used to work for an exhaust manufacturer that sold Stanley mufflers. I do not know what size muffler you need, but Stanley makes many kinds for different tractors. With a little work, one of these may work similar to the B&S muffler. I looked at some of the mufflers for older tractors and they have them with bodies as short as 12.50". The smallest inlet I saw was 1.375". They make them inline and with a 90 degree inlet. I can't remember the prices, but I think ones I bought and priced before were less than the B&S mufflers.

It takes awhile to look up the mufflers on Stanley's website, but I think they sell the same mufflers at Tractor Supply. They may have a catalog to look through. If not, you can check at a muffler shop.

This is just a thought. Maybe it will help someone.

billyban1

A more detailed internet search for the B & S mufflers (P.N. 291519) found a best deal at $36.42 each at Tulsa Engine Warehouse. Shipping was about half what other companies wanted. I was impressed enough with them to order a pair of them. Next step, must get the short nipples out of the elbows. I'm not looking forward to that job.

rickv1957

Apply some heat to them elbows and it will help a bunch,Rick

wheeledhorseman

This thread is full of very useful ideas and information about a topic that will affect all 'D' owners in the end.

I once suggested in another very useful thread that we really need a 'D' section on the forum and quite a few owners agreed.

'D's are so very different that I really believe there is a case for this so I'm about to start a thread in the site suggestions section.

If you agree then please check it out and lend your support and thanks for the info above.

• Like 1