koz

rj 58 front weight

koz

dose any body have pic,s of the front weight 4 a rj58 ? ..not front wheel weight s

model num fw 60 front weight ?

thanks

koz

CasualObserver

I think you're talking about this? something like 80 lbs of cast iron... sits in the nose.

rj_frontweight.jpg

This pic is from one on ebay several years ago. I don't have any pics of it in a tractor... maybe someone else does.

MikesRJ

Or this one perhaps. (not sure which version is the FW-60, or is it WF-60?_

Here's one of Brly's pics.

I think Kelly has a chrome one like this as well. Kelly ...

DSC03122.jpg

koz

i dont know ,what it is ...its only suppose 2 weigh 60 lbs though.. reason why i have some sort of front weight .that i got with this rj 33 years ago ..dont know what it is ?..i would like 2 post pics of it but some how i cant on here ..

part number fw 60

koz

MikesRJ

PM sent to you Koz.

MikesRJ

Here's Koz's pics. Got me though ...

Perhaps someone else knows what it is. B)

junck%20017.JPG

junck%20018.JPG

junck%20019.JPG

koz

thanks mike ..., Any one ?

CasualObserver

I've seen that before... on like a Simplicity or Bolens 2 wheel garden tractor... Can't say for sure, I don't remember.

Brrly1

Jason, that piece that you showed at the top, the original hood weight weighs in at 82 lbs. I happen to have a repo of that weight. I was thinking of possibly making some aluminum weights of these for like show tractors. Everything is the same size as that weight as I have had a mold made of it and the front weight. The front weight weighs in at 54 lbs in the cast version, and 22lbs in the aluminum version. See Ya , Bye Burly B)

:party:

gwest_ca

It looks like a late 1950-60 Simplicity 5350 front weight advertised as being 25 lbs. It is upside down in the picture and the early version had the cast iron sitting on top of the flat stock bars rather than the ends being embedded in the cast iron. From 1961-67 it used part # 990044 and at the same time they had cast rings # 990045 that weighed 25 lbs. each. They slipped over the ends of the cast weight and were secured with a set screw.

Garry

CasualObserver

Found a picture at simpletractors.com of it mounted on a walker.

w_walker1.jpg

koz

thanks 4 the help guys ...

koz

jay1

I have used the simplicity weights on the rear of my B80 wheel horse for 20 years--a must for snow throwing.  I have the Simplicity 99044 collar weight, and 3 990045 ring weights.  Very easy to make an adoptor to fit under seat above axle.   Got everything for about $20 --over 30 years ago.