sscotsman

Wheel Horse REO Snowblower.

gwest_ca

6506 is 4L x 31.91" or 1/2" x 31.9".

If any run over flat idlers make sure you get the green belts for them other than the BladeRunner.

Found an actual listing at Gates so best go with them which is what Napa carries.

Garry

Gates Reo belts.jpg

Tankman

Thanks again Garry! Great source as you always are!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

C-85

Seeing this and how well it was made reminds me of how good things used to be.  I have a 10/28 Ariens from the 80's and have taken care of it and I think it will last me for the rest of my life.  I would put that or this Reo snowblower up against any of the new ones! :)

• Like 1

Unc

I still have the owners manual for this Snowblower.

Tankman

Just picked up the ST-267 for myself. Needs work but will blow the white ugly cold wet stuff without any additional work if needed.

I'm starting not winter yet but just 'round the corner, yuk.  

Reo_ST-267.jpg.f865d5be1aacfb80d173443a6cc69dcf.jpgReo_ST-267-2.jpg.af57474beb463086ef067f0c1b188174.jpg

Edited by Tankman

blipco
3 hours ago, Tankman said:

Just picked up the ST-267 for myself. Needs work but will blow the white ugly cold wet stuff without any additional work if needed.

I'm starting now winter yet but just 'round the corner, yuk.  

Reo_ST-267.jpg.f865d5be1aacfb80d173443a6cc69dcf.jpgReo_ST-267-2.jpg.af57474beb463086ef067f0c1b188174.jpg

Wow. She's a beauty. Looks brand new. It even has chains. I'm jealous. 

It has some new parts on it I see. New guides and auger bearings.

If you replace the belts go with Gates only and search eBay for American made ones. I tried Dayco and it just ate them. I went through that 10 feet of snow winter we had with one set of Gates belts. This is the last snow blower you will ever own. Mine is 51 years old with no sign of slowing down.

I did the impeller mod. It helps with the clogging.

Tankman
12 hours ago, blipco said:

Wow. She's a beauty. Looks brand new. It even has chains. I'm jealous. 

It has some new parts on it I see. New guides and auger bearings.

If you replace the belts go with Gates only and search eBay for American made ones. I tried Dayco and it just ate them. I went through that 10 feet of snow winter we had with one set of Gates belts. This is the last snow blower you will ever own. Mine is 51 years old with no sign of slowing down.

I did the impeller mod. It helps with the clogging.

Put three Gates belts on the Reo. :handgestures-thumbupright:

The Reo is running fine, testing with no snow......yet!  :ph34r:

The lever (no decal) on the right side pulled up, engages the rotor(s). Wants to drift back down, disengages the augers.

A bungee keeping the lever up keeps the rotor moving. What might be the cure?

Might the spring be the cause?  :eusa-think:

blipco
1 hour ago, Tankman said:

Put three Gates belts on the Reo. :handgestures-thumbupright:

The Reo is running fine, testing with no snow......yet!  :ph34r:

The lever (no decal) on the right side pulled up, engages the rotor(s). Wants to drift back down, disengages the augers.

A bungee keeping the lever up keeps the rotor moving. What might be the cure?

Might the spring be the cause?  :eusa-think:

Yeah, the spring may be the cause or you may have a belt a 1/2 inch too short. I use the Gates 6832 (1/2 inch wide).

There is an Industry number (whatever that is) on the package...4L320K.

I have used a bungee as well in the past but be warned, the pull must be as slight as possible or it'll either derail the belt or cause it to fail prematurely. The spring tension needed is surprisingly small. I'd try for the proper spring.

This is a good omen, because when you get a new snowblower ready for action they're generally not needed. It's only when your snowblower is broken that you get a lot of snow. That's not superstition it's fact. (Hope I haven't jinxed you. Probably did).

Edited by blipco

Tankman

blipco, I am using a Gates belt. 1/2" x 32". Guess the spring is next. 

Today my pooch and I went to Lowes. We bought a piece of flatbar, 3/16" thick x 2" x 36".

Also 5/16-18 x 1" long elevator bolts. Already had lock nuts and washers in the shed.

Fab'ed a new scraper bar, easy enough.

Any idea where I might pickup a new gas tank fuel valve?

blipco
2 hours ago, Tankman said:

blipco, I am using a Gates belt. 1/2" x 32". Guess the spring is next. 

Today my pooch and I went to Lowes. We bought a piece of flatbar, 3/16" thick x 2" x 36".

Also 5/16-18 x 1" long elevator bolts. Already had lock nuts and washers in the shed.

Fab'ed a new scraper bar, easy enough.

Any idea where I might pickup a new gas tank fuel valve?

For the gas valve, if the one you have now doesn't leak when it's turned on it might be easier to pick up one of those cheapo plastic inline type. Lowes should carry them. I don't know if these can be rebuilt.

This would be a good time to replace the fuel line.

The beauty of this snow blower is the ease in which you can quickly go from forward to reverse using just the top bar. There's no levers to deal with. If I were to open up a snow blower company, I would build this exact machine. It's simplicity itself.

Tankman

I’ll have to take another peek-a-boo at the valve. Does leak. Need a male or female thread x barb fitting, then the valve. Fuel line will be new also.

The single lever forward reverse is awesome! Bet all would agree.

The plastic belt cover broken. Fab’d one, 16 ga galvanized. 👍 

Unc
On 10/17/2016 at 5:45 PM, Unc said:

The Snow thrower isn't show Room quality, but is does the job! The exploded view for the Toro looks to be the same parts.

Thanks!  (update Nov. 2018 I found my dads REO model 4-2632 owners manual dated 1967)

On 10/17/2016 at 5:45 PM, Unc said:

Picture 017.jpg

Picture 018.jpg

Picture 022.jpg

iplimage.php.gif

Consigliere

Old thread I know. Looking at one for sale now that appears to be a 1969 model.

• Like 1

WHX??

Anything older than 1970 is worth a look in my book.

:WRS: Consig

• Like 1

Consigliere

WHX24,

Thank you. I just purchased it yesterday. 1969 REO Wheelhorse Trailblazer 7. The better I am prepared for winter the less likely it will snow.

• Like 1

Unc

First snowfall this yer Dec 2020 and its still doing the job!! :occasion-snowman: 

Does anyone have a parts pdf on this machine?

Unc

Thank you!