Sign in to follow this  
gattonde

520H Gear Reduction Steering

gattonde

Hello All,

Been lurking on this site for some time, sponging up the wealth of knowledge you all have on Wheel Horses. I have a C-160 that I am going to install a front end loader on. I want to beef up the front axle and change out the steering to the 520H gear reuction type. I already have a 520H front axel but still looking for the steering set up. If anyone has a 91 or newer 520H parts tractor that they are looking to part out, I would like to hear from them. I am located in Franklinville, N.J. 08322.

Got to love Red Square.

Dan Gatton

nylyon

Dan, I can't help you with your parts, but can welcome you to RedSquare. :thumbs:

Looks like you're close to Buzz! Again Welcome!

pond195520032003

Hi Dan, im with Karl, cany help you with those parts, but would like to say :thumbs: post as much as you like, and if you get a chance :thumbs:

Sparky

Welcome to Redsquare Dan. I have no parts just like the rest of these guys but my neighbor is going to do a swap to the gear reduction steering as well this spring or summer. He has a 520-8 speed with a FEL and no gear reduction steering and a 520-H parts machine with the gear reduction setup. I'll be watchin how he does it and may be able to answer any questions you might have(except where to get a parts machine :thumbs: ).

Mike.........

kj4kicks

Hi Dan, Welcome aboard. I think I emailed with you about this not long ago. I was looking for the same setup when I had the FEL on the C-160. Found out it's easier just to buy a 520. In either case, you'll want dual rear wheels for stability.

If you have all the parts, it's not a tough conversion. You need a 91 or newer machine to have the gear reduction.

Good luck with it!

gattonde

Hi Eldon,

Yeah that was me you E-Mailed. I am just itching to get the FEL installed and the weather is starting to get nicer. At least in New Jersey it is.

Thanks to all others that replied so far for the welcome. If no one on Redsquare can help me out I am hoping to find something in Ardentsville this summer. I was there in 2005 and 2006 but missed it last year due to having to work. :thumbs: .

Mike,

I would appreciate your input as to how your neighbor's conversion works out. Eldon says it a piece of cake. :thumbs:

Dan Gatton

1977 C-160

2 stage snow blower

Kwik Way FEL

kj4kicks

Piece of cake ?? Not exactly... but it's not horrible. It'll be an all day job.

T-Mo

Dan,

:thumbs:

Buzz

Hey neighbor, :thumbs: . I live just up the road from you in Vineland. Can't wait to get back out doors, if it ever quits raining that is. Nice thing about this area is we're too flat and sandy to flood. See you around.