Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Run away hydro??

mowerman1193

I think I read somewhere that this has the Eaton hydro..This C 145 will run fast ( or free ) on a down hill slop..Bad enough that I feel it could be dangerous on a big steep hill..It has decent power for going up hills ext.

I asked this question a few years ago on another board before I found this place and they all said it is kind of normal for these.I believed it until my neighbor got a old C-121 and that tractor don't do it..You also can hardly push that tractor and mine can push with no problems at all..

Any Ideas as to what it might be? Easy somewhat cheap fix? This is my first horse with a hydro but I know its nothing like the other hydros I have owned..I have the tractor in pieces now and am wondering if I even want to attempt to rebuild it or just part it out..and look for something different..

Thanks,

Kevin

clintonnut

might want to check the tow valve

Charlie

mowerman1193

Do these have a tow valve? I thought it only had the lever by the seat to pull up on which basically just moves the idler pulley to release the tension on the drive belt..Where would the tow valve be at..Maybe I need to look it over good as I have the fender pan off..

Kevin

rickv1957

Dont think the Eaton has a tow valve,Rick

TT

Definitely no release (tow) valve, and they are somewhat guilty of not holding back well on steeper inclines with the DCL in the full forward position.

They are equipped with service brakes, so slowing down on hills is as simple as pushing the brake pedal - which should also return the DCL to the neutral position.

Normally, just moving the DCL in the opposite direction of travel is all that's needed.