Sign in to follow this  
fritz

Is this a 1964 Lawn Ranger?

fritz

I hauled in a few today and this is the one I am most curious about. I think it is a 64 Lawn Ranger but I cant find a I.D. tag. I foudn a serial number and a number on the transmission. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Devin

th_DSC01488.jpg

th_DSC01487.jpg

th_DSC01486.jpg

th_DSC01485.jpg

Thanks again

Gene_S

Hi Devin,

Im sure your right on the "64" but it may be a 654, or 704 maybe because of the steering wheel. I'd vote for 654 with the tucky motor. If it was a "lawn ranger" it would have smaller tires and different steering wheel... Just a shot... Nice find tho!!!

fritz

I was looking at the 654 in the photo gallary. which one would be a better collectors item? I would prefer the lawn ranger..... the belt guard says lawn ranger.. but it has 3 lug hubs and normal size front spindles B) Thank you

Devin

bell

Devin, it's definately a 604/ 654... or a 704 with a Tecumseh swapped in. Give me a call if you want to get rid of it.

BPjunk

Devin,

The tractor in the picture you posted is a 1964 model 654, this can be noted by the battery box and wiring.

In talking with Cecil Pond he told me that the Lawn Ranger series was the easyest to come up with ...... changing the tire sizes (and rear hubs) is all they did !

Wild Bill

fritz

Thank you!! Every one has been very helpful!

Thank you

Deviin