Sign in to follow this  
Polaris2007

Anyone ever heard of a 1972 Wheel Horse Bronco?

Polaris2007

Hi guys. I posted an ad on craigs list looking to trade a new generator that i have for an older Wheel Horse. So this guy responds and says he would trade a 1972 Wheel Horse Bronco 14hp. He says it is hydrostatic, has a 42" deck, and a magnetic clutch. I can't say as I have ever heard of s "bronco". I looked in the picture gallery here on RS and found nothing. Has anyone heard of these, or better yet have a picture? Thanks, Jon

Rod(NASNUT)

I have one B) It is in bad shape :party:DSCF0003E.jpg

rickv1957

Yes the bronco 14 was made in 72,a fancy tractor with hubcaps to boot,my brother owns my old one,Rick

TT

I looked in the picture gallery here on RS and found nothing.

You just didn't look in the right spot. B)

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=3367

They - more or less - replaced the Electro model. (and were named after the Denver Broncos)

Kelly

I've got 2 of them no pictures

rickv1957

Her is a picture of a new 72 raider 14,very similar to the bronco only a 6 speed,Rick

IMG_1795.jpg

wheel horse 1045

i had 1 with a tiller,sold the tractor and kept the tiller

dodge78

(and were named after the Denver Broncos)

Well it did not help their season much.

71bronco14

I just bought a bronco 14 automatic, and want to get some info on it...I know that there are working hydraulics on it, but would like to know how I could put a 3 pt hitch, a front blade, and tiller on mine. The hydraulics work, but it only has a single "trailer hitch" kind of lift on the back. Any sugge

stions?

rickv1957

hello and B) Rick,lots of attachments fit the Bronco

C-Series14

I just bought a bronco 14 automatic, and want to get some info on it...I know that there are working hydraulics on it, but would like to know how I could put a 3 pt hitch, a front blade, and tiller on mine. The hydraulics work, but it only has a single "trailer hitch" kind of lift on the back. Any sugge

stions?

Go to photo gallery, look in "customs", look for 3 pt. Bronco 14

Welcome! Search around, amazing what you will find!!!

jpmcleod

I have a 71 Bronco and love it. The only problem I have with it is that the valve that you turn to allow pushing it is frozen up and I can't push it if it doesn't start. It is a great work tractor. No clutch, just shift forward and backward. Good luck getting yours. Watch the locking fender pan when getting on and off. If it doesn't lock, you will be on your buttox in a heartbeat.

kpinnc

If it doesn't lock, you will be on your buttox in a heartbeat.

I can vouch for that one- it pays to "push back" against the seat just before getting off of the darn thing. It's good to make sure she's locked.... B)

ChevelleSSLS6

stions?

I have a bronco 14... was grandpas.

When the mower deck was attached, it had hydraulic lift. I can't seem to get it to work anymore, maybe I didn't have the 'hydrostat' engaged. :thumbs: I think that's how the hydro system works.

I am looking for a d-series WH tractor though... :thumbs:

dgoyette
Hi guys.

whfan74

Hi guys. I posted an ad on craigs list looking to trade a new generator that i have for an older Wheel Horse. So this guy responds and says he would trade a 1972 Wheel Horse Bronco 14hp. He says it is hydrostatic, has a 42" deck, and a magnetic clutch. I can't say as I have ever heard of s "bronco". I looked in the picture gallery here on RS and found nothing. Has anyone heard of these, or better yet have a picture? Thanks, Jon

Your signature says you owned and traded a 1971 Bronco 14 before. How can it be you have never heard of them? Just thought this was odd is all.

The original post is a year old. If he changed his signature in the last year that would also change it on his original post. :thumbs:

stoneman

You just didn't look in the right spot. :thumbs:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=3367

They - more or less - replaced the Electro model. (and were named after the Denver Broncos)

man i'm glad you posted this tid-bit of information. (named for the denver broncos)

i was looking into a deal on a bronco, and being a Browns fan . . . I could never allow myself to own one of them. :thumbs:

. . . unless maybe I paint it Orange and re-name it . . . . . . hmmmmmmmm. nah.

jdpuller

:thumbs:

ChevelleSSLS6

Her is a picture of a new 72 raider 14,very similar to the bronco only a 6 speed,Rick

IMG_1795.jpg

The hood on my bronco 14 has much faded stripes along the hood just like yours, but I'd swear by looking at them they were all the same color, I'd guess white. Are yours original or correct reproduction? (if not, the black stripe really looks cool. Seems to me WH would use the same decals on both the Raider and the Bronco for cost savings). What do you guys think? :thumbs:

IMG_5329.jpg

mavfreak

IMG_1795.jpg

The hood on my bronco 14 has much faded stripes along the hood just like yours, but I'd swear by looking at them they were all the same color, I'd guess white. Are yours original or correct reproduction? (if not, the black stripe really looks cool. Seems to me WH would use the same decals on both the Raider and the Bronco for cost savings). What do you guys think? :thumbs:

IMG_5329.jpg

Ricks raider is new old stock. I dont know if the raider and the bronco have the same strips or not

Kelly

The picture of Ricks raider 14 is a Orig. NOS tractor, I believe that is one he took out of the shipping crate.

ChevelleSSLS6

The picture of Ricks raider 14 is a Orig. NOS tractor, I believe that is one he took out of the shipping crate.

That sure is a heck of a find being NOS from a shipping crate! Too bad those stories about old military Jeeps in shipping crates aren't true... off topic though on Jeeps.

Kelly

If you look at Ricks list of tractors he has 12 NOS tractors, some still have never had gas in them.

ChevelleSSLS6

If you look at Ricks list of tractors he has 12 NOS tractors, some still have never had gas in them.

Yeeowza! :thumbs:

I'm guessing he had connections of some sort to a WH dealer... :thumbs:

He's got a dozen excellent pieces of history :thumbs: , some may say just WH history, I think American Motors history as well, and even "America at its "peak" days" history (hopefully we 'peak' again :thumbs: )