Sign in to follow this  
FreddieFarmall

Re-Power Lawn Ranger

FreddieFarmall

Hello All:

At the WHCC show last year (maybe 2 yrs ago) 'Frank from Western NY' had a round hood pulling tractor that had a late model Honda engine with the slanted cylinder on it that looked great. I have been looking at an 11hp 'Honda knock off' engine from Carol Stream Motor Co to put on a Lawn Ranger. I am planning ahead a couple years for a pulling tractor for my son. The local group has a kids 8" tire class that this would pull in.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions on whether these engines are any good or if I should bite the bullet and get a real Honda?

Anybody ever build a second set of foot rests with clutch brake pedal that connects to the stock linkage so small kids can reach pedal?

Fred P

CasualObserver

Fred... check out this thread in the engine mods section

Honda repower?

I'm buying my knock off this weekend.

perry

i havent herd anything bad on the HF motors....yet

Nick

I think Buzz put a 2nd set of pedals on a tractor maybe he will have some information on that. Last summer I put a Lawn Ranger together for my nephew and just moved the pedal back and put some foot pans on to keep him out of the tires(also kept his Mom happy). Sorry about the green paint but he wanted a JD. :thumbs:

leftranger.jpg