Sign in to follow this  
Country Cadillac

Jackshaft and sprocket

Country Cadillac

B) I hope your blowing this week went better than mine did. This was extremely heavy wet snow and the old sprocket had had enough. The model # is 6-7451 and toro says its no longer available. Would anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find a replacement jackshaft and sprocket ? One tooth broke in half and with such a small diameter gear the othe teeth can't pick up the slack and it throws the chain. Maybe someone might have an old parts blower out back with a good shaft.........Thanks for your help..............Ray

Don1977

Most any machine shop can make a new shaft. Tractor Supply has a section with hubs and weldable sprockets. If you can find the right number of teeth sprockets and hubs to fit you shaft. You can have the sprockets welded to the hubs and your set to go. Another place to look is industrial supply for sprockets.

Country Cadillac

B) guys for all the info and ideas and I will check them out. Yesterday I went over to a friends shop and used his tig torch and rebuilt the tooth, ground and filed it back into shape, added a new bearing that looked bad and put it back together this morning. It may be able to handle the snow that they say is coming, time will tell. thanks again for your help.......................Ray