Sign in to follow this  
Roger from southern Iowa

Just saw the news

Roger from southern Iowa

Like the title says, I just caught up on the news a few minutes ago. WOW, 700,000 without power, up to 90 MPH winds in some areas. huge amounts of snowfall. B)

I just got concerned as I know a lot of you are in the eastern part of the U.S.

I guess the "mother hen" is coming out of me right now.

Guess I have no reason to be whining about our winter in Iowa after all.

Hope everyone is OK.

CasualObserver

:clap: .... you know.... when you get your lights back on! B) Or how about firing up the old WH generators and gettin' er done!?

Seriously though, you guys out east have been taking a pretty good whopping this season... hope everyone makes it through this latest blast with everything and everyone intact! :party:

chazm

Thanks Roger for your concern B)

So far here in SC PA ... some snow ,mostly high winds & drifting :hbd:

But all & all we got power & staying warm

Hope you guys up north are doing OK looks like you were getting the worst of it

Be safe all :party:

Chaz :clap:

fireman

We are OK here is Western CT. Had lots of rain the last two to three days. Got snow comming down right now. Supposed to get 4 to 8 inches by tomorrow morning. I think over by where Truckin88 is in the Poughkeepsie/Kingston, NY area got hit pretty hard. They say 30 miles of I84 is shut down and some cars have been stuck for over 12 hours on it.

tarcoleo

Here in balmy coastal Rhode Island, we have no

snow on the thoroughly sodden ground. Fingers

crossed. Thanks for good wishes.

Tom in RI B)

6wheeler

Sorry you guys out east got it so tough right now, I can't get a hold of my uncle in Lisbon, Ct. right now. I hope he, and all of you are inside and protected from the elements.... take care and Good luck.. Pat

sscotsman

Nothing much happening here in Western NY..

we got about 18" overnight, but it was colder than expected, which meant the snow was "drier" and didnt stick to trees and wires..I dont think anyone is without power in the Rochester or Buffalo areas..

This morning's drive into work was slow, but now the roads are clear and life returns to normal..no issues out here..just a somewhat large snowfall, but it had no real impact on anything..just slowed things down for half a day is all..

Scot

WH Raider 10

I feel lucky we upstate NYers got only around 12 inches, I only had a power surge.

My teacher who lives in north from me got something like 26 inches! and its still snowing there.

Thanks for looking out for us.

B) Dan B. :party:

rmaynard

Thanks for all of your concern. Here in Maryland we only got about an inch or two this time, but the wind is gusting up to 60 MPH. Still have the remnants of the prior 50 inches hanging around.

I was just thinking that it might help if one of you could send me a nice Wheel Horse with a snow blower attached. Maybe with a heated cab, some new wheel weights and some two link chains. That would make me feel a little better. :party:

Seriously though, B) for your concern.

Bob

Roger from southern Iowa

Bob, we're all in this together. If I had what you requested I UPS it to you today.

OH wait, too big, too heavy. can't do that! B)

On the serious side, just hope everyone is OK.

stevasaurus

:hbd: B) This has been one of the best winters on record. Only Hawaii out of the 50 states, and Don in Ontario has not had snow this year, even Vancouver got snow Thursday. B) Please post pictures...I like to look at them in July & August. :clap:

I am not complaining...some excellent pictures and videos have been posted this year. :party: B)

clintonnut

Here's some pics: B)

This is my road. Those drifts may not look big but they are higher than me and I am 5'3"!! They did this part with a township tractor around 3pm today. It must have been a big snowblower!

HPIM3098.jpg

Our driveway:

HPIM3099.jpg

The tractor: I had to go into town to get a METRIC Hydraulic hose since the old one had the squirts when I was plowing this morning. I bought new plugs for it today also. I like having all of these chinese tractors around now there are metric parts again. It cost me $31 and he made it in house in about 10 minutes. USA!!

HPIM3100.jpg

Charlie

Roger from southern Iowa

Now that's a snow bank!! I don't care where you're from. B)

rickv1957

Seen where you all were catching that storm,spring will be here soon!,Rick

HorseFixer

Here's some pics: :party:

This is my road. Those drifts may not look big but they are higher than me and I am 5'3"!!

Charlie

Now wait a minute!! I didn't think you were a hair over 5' 2 and 7/8" B)

clintonnut

Here's some pics: :party:

This is my road. Those drifts may not look big but they are higher than me and I am 5'3"!!

Charlie

Now wait a minute!! I didn't think you were a hair over 5' 2 and 7/8" B)

I guess you stopped growing at 15!

Be prepared for a rival tractor to your "automated" tractor. The rival will be a D-250 with cab, 48" blower, 3pt, 200lbs of barbells on back and 150lbs of wheel weights.

Top that Duke!

Charlie

chazm

Be prepared for a rival tractor to your "automated" tractor. The rival will be a D-250 with cab, 48" blower, 3pt, 200lbs of barbells on back and 150lbs of wheel weights.

Top that Duke!

O' NO HE DIDN'T B)

Duke looks like you been called out ... :party:

Is this a PA - MI snow chucker show down in the making B)

We got your back Charlie :clap:

Chaz :hbd:

baerpath

I feel lucky we upstate NYers got only around 12 inches, I only had a power surge.

My teacher who lives in north from me got something like 26 inches! and its still snowing there.

Thanks for looking out for us.

:party: Dan B. :clap:

I'm about 20 miles from ya and we got 32 inches yesterday. At least I got to try the two stage out. Heavy wet snow still blew it well but it made the Onan grunt B)

Duane

Suburban 550

We ended up with about a foot of snow from yesterday morning til today at noon. There were white out conditions at times with heavy snow and high winds. We were lucky not to have lost our power. The weather people are lookin' at another storm late Tuesday into Wednesday. Heres a couple pics from yesterdays storm.

The Raider 10 cutting a path up the driveway

IMG_0370.jpg

All the comforts of home (snowcab)

IMG_0373.jpg

Some shots after the cleanup

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

The Raider 10 and C-121 taking a well deserved break

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

Well til next storm, hope you enjoy the pics.

Roger from southern Iowa

Ray, after looking at your great pics all that is going through my mind is....Better thee than meee!!! B)

dclarke

your horses are really gettin a workout this winter ray. i'm ready for spring.

Suburban 550

Roger and Denny, I wonder what happened to global warming? B) Too late in the year for this stuff. I'm ready for camping and cuttin' the grass. :party:

Duff

700,000 without power, up to 90 MPH winds in some areas. huge amounts of snowfall. :party:

Not much for snow locally, but a whole sh*tload of wind! B) Over 300,000 of those 700,000 people out of power are here in New Hampshire, which is about 1 out of every four people in our state. At the height of the storm a huge fire down on the seacoast (Hampton Beach) took out a whole city block - 500 firefighters from three states battled it against 60+ mph winds. Fire Chief estimated they used 1.5 million gallons of water. I'm lucky over here on the west side of the state- a few branches down but nothing serious.

I'm watching for any news from our Maine members since they got really whacked with flooding rains and high winds. Prayers for all.....

Duff :clap:

Roger from southern Iowa

Feeling for all people in the hardest hit area. I can't imagine that many people out of electric and heat.

Awful fire and weather to fight it in.

Lots of people from RS alone not heard from yet, plus so many more.

I agree, prayer for all involved.

MaineDad

700,000 without power, up to 90 MPH winds in some areas. huge amounts of snowfall. :party:

Not much for snow locally, but a whole sh*tload of wind! B) Over 300,000 of those 700,000 people out of power are here in New Hampshire, which is about 1 out of every four people in our state. At the height of the storm a huge fire down on the seacoast (Hampton Beach) took out a whole city block - 500 firefighters from three states battled it against 60+ mph winds. Fire Chief estimated they used 1.5 million gallons of water. I'm lucky over here on the west side of the state- a few branches down but nothing serious.

I'm watching for any news from our Maine members since they got really whacked with flooding rains and high winds. Prayers for all.....

Duff :hbd:

Trees down all over the place - and huge ponding of water. We had 8 inches of rain and 70 mph winds. Some parts of Maine had 90 mph winds. Friday it was 40 degrees and almost every school was closed due to roads being closed. About 100,000 homes without power at the height of the storm - down to about 25,000 homes now.

I just glad this wasn't snow - it would have been 8 feet :clap: