Sign in to follow this  
catman81056

Got lucky on Ebay

catman81056

I know I was talking about making one, but I think I got a good deal on this. Complete with down pres relief spring. $100.00 Item# 110228551402

To be picked up South of Indy in Geneva. Bought from Jyantiss.

I still have to make the mount.

This will make time for the Box Blade I want to make.

I'm just about done with the tiller, pics to come

T-Mo

Tim,

Congratulations on getting the plow. It doesn't look bad either. I hope you don't mine but I'm adding a direct link to that auction so we all can see it quickly. :thumbs:

D-Series Plow

catman81056

Thanks Terry, I'm hoping to get it soon.

nylyon

That's a good price, and it'll save you some fabricating which you can now use on another project :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Thats a great deal Tim congrats :thumbs: I'm sure you'll get a ton of use out of it.

catman81056

Picked up the plow today. Pretty rusty and the levers were froze but all in all I was pleased. No rust holes and the levers freedup after some PB blaster was applied. I'll POR this thing and put a nice coat of red on it.

I called the guy Friday and was going to pick it up Saturday but he was on a mission. He bought out a collector that had nothing but D series tractors. When I pulled into his drive today he had 5 "D"s on a flat bed: 1 D-160, 1 D-180, 2 D-200's and a D 250. He said that this was a third of the tractors he bought. He also had 2 D series tillers and another plow, a 60" deck and assorted other decks in the bed of his truck.

Thats the first D250 I've seen. He climded up on the trailer and just hit the key and that thing just purred !!! All these tractors were in very good plus condition, I bet he paid a pretty penny for this haul. Sure wish I had brought the camera with me, that was a sight to behold.

Rollerman

Tim that would deffinatley been screaming for a picture!

All those D's on a flatbed...sure they probably twisted some necks going down the road.

Glad the plow turned out solid...PB blaster is good stuff. :thumbs:

Jim_M

Did all those D's on the trailer come from Missouri? Did he happen to mention if the guy he bought them from was a guy named Rick?

T-Mo

Did all those D's on the trailer come from Missouri? Did he happen to mention if the guy he bought them from was a guy named Rick?

Hey, we still prosecute and shoot horse thieves here in Missouri. And anything found west of the Mississippi I have first dibs on. :thumbs:

TT

You mean from this post in the big Yahoo! group?

Want to down size collection,1 D250 with mower,tiller,snowblower,Nice

D200,pt,PTO,AG brakes,D180 with 3PT,PTO D200,D160,2 blades,nice

tiller,6 mowers, plus more, package deal only, serious buyers only,call

573372XXXX eves,Rick

catman81056

TT that sounds just about like what I saw. He didn't mention any names, but did say he had 2 more trips to make to get the rest of the stuff. All I know is, I might consider it a :thumbs: "blessing" to see all those "D"s at one time. It sure was :thumbs:

Jim_M

Yup, that's the guy. He bought all that stuff from me last September. He sent 2 trucks and trailers with drivers and helpers, all the way to Indiana and hauled it back to MO, about 500 miles one way. I never met him in person, but we've talked on the phone a lot and he seems like a real nice guy.

As far as I know he only kept 2 of them, a D-160 and a 73 18 Automatic with 30 original hours on it. It hurt me a little to sell that one!

Jvantiss seems to be the "Joe's outdoor power" of the D series world. He ran a few ads a whlie back saying that he had a bunch of D series attachments but no tractor to use them on and would really like to have a nice D series to use, got everybody feeling sorry for him and he's been parting out D Series tractors on eBay ever since.