Sign in to follow this  
truckin88

310-8 needs a drive belt??

truckin88

Guys,

When I got this 310 from jimbo/stevebo, they told me it needed a drive belt. I have a 7473 belt ready to go, when I examined the one on there, it was old but not horrible. I have about 4 hours on it plowing. I went out today, she moves good, but the clutch pedal really rattles which it did not before, and a few times when I needed pushing torque I tried to go I would hear belt slipping and smoke would come out from behind the pto bell where the drive pulley is. It is the original belt. I know it is not the pto clutch since the bell is not spinning as I adjusted the trusion rod.

I just want to make sure this is most likely a bad belt and it should anything else be replaced?

Duff

All the symptoms of a stretched out/worn out belt! When you go to replace it check the bearings in the tensioner pulley as well - they can go with time and create a problem!

Duff B)

stevebo

Will,

We replaced the idler pulley so that is fine. I would go get a kevlar belt from TSC. SOunds like the belt you have is no good..

truckin88

Will,

We replaced the idler pulley so that is fine. I would go get a kevlar belt from TSC. SOunds like the belt you have is no good..

I have a brand new toro/WH 7473 belt in my bin that will go on. This is the still the original belt.

stevebo

If that is what it is calling for then I would just throw that one on. No offense Will but you are a big guy :party: so that belt that is on there is working to push you and a big load of snow.

ps How is that Dodge ?? B)