Sign in to follow this  
Gerry45

New uk Member

Mith

Gerry, PM sent

Mith

Joel, dont get me wrong, I rob all the good parts before they go for scrap. I'm not into wasting stuff! Be good if those parts can go to fixing another.

combatmp29r

I understand Jim. Just have to give everybody a hard time about the verts. If I didn't I'd look silly for having 15+ now :thumbs: Ok maybe I look silly anyhow, thought I'd close that door before someone else could get to it :thumbs:

kpinnc

Will ya look at that. Join RedSquare and have your problem solved in under 60 minutes of joining.

Hey Mith, I'm looking for a free D series. Could you help ME? :thumbs:

Welcome to the site Gerry! :thumbs:

Kevin

Mith

Hey Mith, I'm looking for a free D series. Could you help ME?

:thumbs: No, you are beyond help :thumbs:

Buzz

Hey Gerry, glad you decided to join, I said you'd probably find the help you needed over here. I don't want to brag guys, but I invited Gerry over here from another forum. Let's see, i recruited Wesley, now Gerry......... I guess I'm building a British army, or more appropriately, a Wheel Horse cavalry........ :thumbs:

nylyon

Uh Oh Terry JD, Buzz is taking over the recruiting job! Buzz, thanks for getting these guys here they're a terrific bunch and add a nice touch to the forum!

Gerry45

Must say a big thank you to Buzz for sending over here and to everyone else for a nice welcome. Also to mith who is helping me out. Looks like my humble Lawn ranger is going to live again and possibly a little more original condition.. This is getting as addictive as my Honda cx500 motorbikes. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Gerry45

well picked the err parts today. Miths gearbox had a disk brake so i just changed the gear lever over. fitted the bed he gave me and it's up and running. Have stripped the engine he gave me which he said had water in it. Not just water i think the whole rainfall of Hampshire from last year :thumbs::thumbs: carb has been in the ultrasonic bath and is now cleaned and freed up, some black sludgey stuff removed from the sump, head off, piston head and valves cleaned. It's now just drying out. It could just end up a runner. Thanks for the bits at least i can now cut the grass. :D :P

Mith

Gerry, you dont hang around! Sorry about the water, it turns over free, so I'm assuming the internals are OK.

Nice to meet you. We got done just in time too, it threw it down with rain not long after you went.

Gerry45

Most water was it the top end and inlet manifold. all downhill. There was a very slight amount rust on the bore top which will come out but no problems. May need to get some control springs they were a bit rusty. I won't break it down any further as the internals should have been protected by the oil. Anyone got a wiring diagram? looks pretty simple . :thumbs:

TT

Here you go, Gerry:

wdlr70.jpg

Sorry it's a bit wrinkled -- it is 38 years old. :thumbs:

Gerry45

wa ha. Thanks. :thumbs: New it was easy.I just pulled all the wires off. I remember Two black ones coming out from under the flywheel must be for the generator. As the engine is separate from the chassis it was not completely wired up. The two fuse like objects looked a bit odd to me but when i saw they were connected to the black wires i guessed they may be some kind of diode. Correct me if i'm wrong but i was was not really paying too much attention at the time just wanted to get it stripped.Now i'll let you into a secret. I'm an electrician. :D:P So the diagram will be useful when i put it all back together. Thanks :thumbs: :D

Gerry45

just took another look at your diagram All the wires are Black :thumbs::thumbs::D:P:P:P:D :D

TT

just took another look at your diagram All the wires are Black :thumbs::thumbs::D:P:P:P:D:D

But...... two of them are BIG black wires (for the battery) and the rest are small.

You are also correct on the rectifier panel -- two diodes for a "two phase" A.C. alternator stator, and one fuse between the output ends of the diodes for short circuit protection. The small black wire from the fuse connection feeds the power from the "alternator" to the battery for recharging.

The other black wire goes from an insulated junction terminal on the rectifier panel to the ignition switch to ground it to "earth" when the switch is in the off position. This grounds out the ignition coil mounted under the flywheel.

Gerry45

That adds a bit of sense to it. Have saved that in my tractor folder. :thumbs:

Gerry45

Here's another one What is the tightening sequence of the head bolts and the torque setting? :thumbs:

TT

Try this one, Gerry:

hbtorque002.jpg

If yours is different, let me know and I will try to find it in another book. :thumbs:

Stigian

Your not hanging about on the rebuild are you Gerry :thumbs::D:P

Your have if finished by this time next week :thumbs: :D

Gerry45

Thanks for the torque settings. Won't need it quite yet. I deciding whether to put it back together as it is and see if it runs, or give it a good clean up then reassemble it. I think i may go for the first then if it don't go i have not wasted time and effort tarting it up. It's gonna work anyway :thumbs:

The tractor is on it's way to France next week (with kwak engine) to start earning it's keep. Probably bring it back in the autumn for a winter restoration if i haven't bought another in the meantime. These tractors are quite addictive :D:P

I do have a Honda CX 650 to restore so that may take precedence. been hanging around to long :thumbs:

Gerry45

Hi Guys,

Tractor now in France readuy for the summer season. It still has the Kwak engine fitted.

Can anyone tell me the model number of the Tecumseh engine that should be fitted to this tractor? (Jim). I'm going to put it back together and give it a try to see if it runs. But i need a new air filter element ( not for the test run) if it goes then i will clean all the bits up and give it a spray. Eventually fitting it to the tractor. Lots to do thought, i currently have 3 cx 500 engines to strip to make a spare for my bike. But as i started on the tractor engine first i thought i ought to finish it. :thumbs:

Mith

I'm surprised you arent needing to mow down there already?

I reckon the engine should be a V70-125099.

It was parked up running, so you should hopefully get a spark with clean points etc.

Trying to only have 1 project on the bench at a time eh? :thumbs: I should try that some time...... :thumbs:

Buzz

I'm not really hi-jacking this thread, but I invited another Wheel Horse owner from the UK to join Red Square. His name is Steve and he'll be in the US in June and plans on attending the Wheel Horse Show. Now Jim, Ian, and Wes, play nice and try not to scare him away before he joins........... :thumbs:

Mith

Hey Buzz, where is it that you keep meeting Uk members? :thumbs:

CHARGER9AUTO

I know i can get the part from America but it only costs $1.42 ish so postage costs will be a bit high. i also need a new air filter as the foam sleeve has disintegrated that will push the price up to around $20 + postage I think i will have to scout around the mower shops see what they can offer :thumbs:

Funny this was only going to be cheap way of cutting me grass in France but now it's materializing into a cherished restoration. :D:P

:thumbs: Gerry45