Sign in to follow this  
TT

1045 style front tires ?

TT

This little early 60's Craftsman tractor caught my attention because one just like it used to live here, and I actually kept the snow plowed with it one winter. (and the engine from it is now on my 502)

Anyhow, the rear tires are 16X5.50 - 8's, but are very dry rotted. (They do have "Sears" molded into the sidewalls) They sure look familiar though, don' t they? :thumbs::thumbs:

I asked the seller if I were to bid and win, would he remove just the rear wheels and tires and ship them to me. He claims he is willing to do that -- and will only charge the actual shipping cost.

Here's the link to the listing on ebay.

And here's a picture:

dfa9_1.jpg

T-Mo

TT, it sounds like he is a good seller. He also included the information on the tires in his auction apparently from the conversation with you. I guess we will see more of this tractor on another auction soon, without the rear tires. :thumbs:

CasualObserver

I've been thinking about that too.... I'm pretty sure that snapper and some of the other old craftsman small lawn tractors used those same knobby tires. I know I had a set that I gave to my dad that he's using on a little wagon.