Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver

American Pickers

CasualObserver

Anybody been watching the new show on the History Channel... American Pickers? http://www.history.com/content/american-pickers

Pretty neat show so far I think.

chazm

yea seen it a couple of times - good show - like the guys VW pick-up van

Also the pawn guys show is good too :party:

Chaz B)

W9JAB
20Dumpster20Diving20T-Shirt201644.jpg

dclarke

i like that show jason, my wife thinks i am one of those guys.

Duff

Nothing wrong with a good dumpster dive! I check the metal recycling dumpsters at our local recycling facility every week just in case some Hose parts show up (and they have!)!

Duff B)

wh500special

I watched it once early this week and enjoyed it.

They were somewhere in Ohio and were rummaging through a barn and essentially ignored the 1925-ish JD-D that was sitting there :party: . Nor did they pay any mind to the threshing machine in another one of the guy's barns. B) Granted, neither item would fit in the back of their Sprinter but they were interested in an old Dodge car.

A second place they visited was litered with Bolens stuff and they made no mention of those either. :clap:

I'm thinking that the tractor hobby is safe from these mainstream antique poachers.

Steve

bustedglass

Good show :party: . Ya, the Pawn Guys are WAY cool B) ............

Nick

It is a good show, watch it every week. Tend to see some interesting stuff in the background at some of those picks but dont think there has been a Wheel horse yet. They appear to be typical shyster antique dealers, kind of like my cousin who does similar work on the side. B)

Ive wondered why they dont appear to even have a hitch on that van. That would have to come in handy for some of those big items.

markslawnmowerworld

It is a very interesting show, and its nice to see someone else who gets to travel and see old things and buy them as well. when i'm at home going to work six days a week.....

I bet what ever they buy and re-sell.......dosen't compare to what that show pay's them.

bitten

I did see that show. My wife and I were watching and I said to her" wounder how many Wheel Horse's they see", see just laugh. Bet they see a lot.

Confused99

This is my new favorite show. A few weeks ago they were at a guys house in Iowa and he had a WH or 2 sitting there. They didn't even look at it B)

Jason

d180man

HI it is a net show ! i love to find the old shed with all of the tractor in it ! B) :party:

rickv1957

Yes it is a great show!,Rick

6wheeler

I like the show, but I think they are hard on their lady partner. I do wonder if the prices they give and get for the picks and value is really what they make? or hope to. If they have to store all of that stuff in a big shed, They could get rid of it all and have just about enough room for Ricks collection B) Good show though. Pat

WH Raider 10

On the first or second episode when they bought a porcelain sign in some guys garage I think I saw the dash of a 80s or 90s WH!

Maybe... I'm not 100% sure.

B) Dan B. :party:

Lane Ranger

Those American Pickers would not even have a show

without some forethought by some oldtime pickers picking lots of stuff from

way back when!

B)

A great show !

sodbuster

good show.until they get into tractors.then we will all pay more!!

pond195520032003

Nick, you must not have been paying attention :clap: saw a wheel horse in an episode a couple weeks ago :party: also saw a few case garden tractors and bolens tractors! cant believe they never bought the real nice metropolitin in the shed from the older lady, when they have a nash in the flower bed B) guess they arent wrapped to tight :hbd:

DoctorHfuhruhurr

They seem to prey on very old people a lot that are just happy to have someone visit. I'd love to see how the families react when they find out how bad their parents/grandparents got hosed. The items on the show are interesting but I wouldn't want any elderly people I know getting taken in by them.

Horse'n Around

I love that show, in fact when I saw the commercials for it before it first aired I thought to myself, I cant miss that one. I too noticed the Wheelhorse in that episode. I do remember a episode where the lady was asking prices that were low and to their credit they gave her more than she asked for. I always look forward to Mondays so I can watch it and PawnStars.When my wife and I were in Vegas on vacation in Oct we made a trip to their pawn shop.Let me tell you, its in a pretty bad part of town lol. anyway,its also a lot smaller than it looks and other than the high end stuff that they have , its about like every other pawn shop Ive been it, but it was a blast to look at all the goodies.BTW Chumlee and Cory were working, the film crew was setting up to shoot .

John

Ken B

They seem to prey on very old people a lot that are just happy to have someone visit. I'd love to see how the families react when they find out how bad their parents/grandparents got hosed. The items on the show are interesting but I wouldn't want any elderly people I know getting taken in by them.

I love the show, but I was thinking the very same thing. The old timer that sold that mint Rockola juke box got hosed. Lots of old folk don't have internet access so they really aren't up to date on current values.

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I love the show, but I was thinking the very same thing. The old timer that sold that mint Rockola juke box got hosed. Lots of old folk don't have internet access so they really aren't up to date on current values.

Wasn't there an 88 year old gentleman on there who sold a saddle for $75 (valued later at up to $5000) and also Japanese sword he brought back from from the war which they also got cheap (I forget the price). In My Opinion they took advantage of that Veteran who fought for our country and it was wrong on so many levels. Not everyone they buy from is like that but they seem to specifically target older uninformed people pretty regularly.

Rideawaysenior

Anon, I do agree to an extent however, those people may have just let them go because they are going to waste. I've given things away and let other things go cheap because I have no need for them and they are taking up space in my garage, shed ETC. Some I've known the value of and other things I have not.

Could they be taking advantage of people? Yeah they could, but there are always three sides to each story. Theirs and the people they visit but somewhere inbetween lays the truth. Please do not take this the wrong way, as I greatly respect everyones opinion here. I just wanted to offer my point of view. :party: B)

mavfreak

i watched pickers last night.

and holy crap they were in my back yard!!! The mole guy is about 5 miles down the road!