Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Look what's it's doing today!

T-Mo

This is what it looks like outside my door at this moment:

100_0528.jpg

Here's the radar for this area:

jef.jpg

We have a good 6 inches on the ground and it's still coming down. And, I have procrastinated with moving the plow from the C141 to the 314. Why, oh, why didn't I move it? :imstupid: I keep thinking that this one is the last one for this season, and it's been about 3 winter storms since. Unfortunately I would have to move the tractors outside to give me room to move the plow. :thumbs:

perry

thats supposed to start here in southeast MI about 5pm. looking outside right now i dont even want to go out there . lots of frozen mud ruts / chunks, & ice.

TT

I sure hope the hubs are locked in on the little Jeep! :thumbs:

T-Mo

Just to the west of me (about 35 miles) they're reporting almost 11 inches already and it's still snowing there also. After I took that picture, it begin to snow more and with big flakes. The weather guru's keep saying in the heaviest bands there have been reports of thunder, and we're one of the heavier bands and I haven't heard any thunder yet. We got about a half inch of sleet yesterday and last night after we got a lot, a lot of rain. Sunday it was 78 degrees here, now it's 26 and falling. :thumbs:

oldandred

Just to the west of me (about 35 miles) they're reporting almost 11 inches already and it's still snowing there also. After I took that picture, it begin to snow more and with big flakes. The weather guru's keep saying in the heaviest bands there have been reports of thunder, and we're one of the heavier bands and I haven't heard any thunder yet. We got about a half inch of sleet yesterday and last night after we got a lot, a lot of rain. Sunday it was 78 degrees here, now it's 26 and falling. :thumbs:

just to rub it in a little its 74 here and no snow I repeat no snow in the for cast just wind and rain and I for one will be happy not to see any white stuff any time soon.

nylyon

Well, I don't want to say anything here Terry, but Eldon has a plow, FEL and 2-stage snowthrower ready no snow. I have a plow and snow blower ready no snow. Mike has lots of plows and a snow blower, ready no snow. :thumbs:

You didn't hook up your snow insurance :thumbs:

kj4kicks

Yep, the snow insurance worked. Now we have a flood warning for tonight into tomorrow... Who has a WH front mount pump ?

MaineDad

Have fun in the white stuff! Unfortunately, we are supposed to get 2 to 4 inches of snow then significant icing. Possible 1 inch plus buildup of ice with 35 to 45 MPH winds. Can you all say "No Power?"

We have already had 120 inches of snow this year and the banks are wicked high. This ice is going to be a mess. Bring on Spring!

CasualObserver

Micah, is your area prone to flooding with that much snow... you know... when it melts, it's gotta go somewhere!

T-Mo

It appears it has stop snowing - we got around 8 inches. Or at least that's what my manual lift snow removal tool was shoveling, er, I mean, plowing. I should have move the plow over to the 314 and like it's been said here, it would be good snow insurance.

CasualObserver

Terry, what's the holdup? It only takes 2 minutes or less to put a blade on. Unless you have to move the rear bracket... that's a little more of a pain.

Nick

Snow would be nice so far we are getting freezing rain and sleet. Just hope it doesnt get worse and take out the power lines.

This is what we had a few hours back.

th_snow007.jpgth_snow003.jpg

Nick in ohio

.5racer

:thumbs: Thats White MONEY!!!!! Plow buisness ya know.

Terry

MaineDad

Micah, is your area prone to flooding with that much snow... you know... when it melts, it's gotta go somewhere!

Jason,

Luckily I'm not in a flood zone. We do have a small stream at the top of the road and it crosses the road each spring when the melt happens. The major rivers in Maine are expected to have some major flooding when all this snow melts. Hopefully we have a nice gradual warming.

T-Mo

Terry, what's the holdup? It only takes 2 minutes or less to put a blade on. Unless you have to move the rear bracket... that's a little more of a pain.

Yeah, I know. But I do have to move the attachment bracket. And I have the C141 pushed into a tight spot and I have to move it and the 314 out into the open (can you say laying in snow) to move things around. I wanting to build a bigger garage/shed/storage building and when I do it would be a breeze to move the plow from one to the other.

I did have a few opportunities to move it before each snow, but I haven't yet. :imstupid: :thumbs::thumbs: I have told myself after each snow storm, surely this is the last one for the season. This is Missouri you know and we usually do see some snow in March, but it's not that common.

TT

Yep, the snow insurance worked. Now we have a flood warning for tonight into tomorrow... Who has a WH front mount pump ?

You do, Eldon.....

They're called 2 stage snowblowers! :thumbs::D

P.S. >>>> :thumbs: :P

kj4kicks

Luckily, we're at the top of the hill. If it floods up here, better call Noah!

combatmp29r

Eldon , I believe it was Buzz that told me when we had a bunch of water in the beginning of winter, to go buy a bunch of soap flakes and sprinkle them out side. Then just use the snow blower to clear it all up :thumbs: Now of course we also discussed the fact that the guys in white coats would be waiting in their van in my drive when I was finished, but still an idea :thumbs: :D

kpinnc

If you do it Joel, take pictures. I especially want copies of the ones from the local paper! :thumbs:

New calendar pic?

Kevin

combatmp29r

Yeah Kevin the ones under the heading local man flaked out over flooding.

If anyone is interested this is what it looked like here this morning

December2007033.jpg

December2007034.jpg

Just a dusting of snow over my 2-3" of soft gushy mud.