Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Dual rear wheel adapters

nylyon

Eldon, thought that these may interest you. I have no idea if it is a good price or not. Item # 0146691307

kj4kicks

Hi Karl, Thanks for the tip. BTW, you're a little short on the item number. It's actually 190146691307. The way it reads, they are a home-made set. Listing reads "They are a perfect match to the ones that Wheel horse made." Now that I see how they're made, I can make up a set of my own for about 1/3 that price.

Bad news, though.... The FEL is sick :D . When it gets warmed up, it barely wants to move. The previous owner had swapped the hydrostat assembly out of the parts tractor into it, and it looked like fairly fresh oil and had a new filter on it. I went ahead and changed both, just to be sure it had the right stuff in it. Also replaced the drive belt and idler pulley. I took off the cover plate, and cleaned & lubed all of the linkages. Also noticed that one of the rear hubs were cracked, so I did a swap on that, too.

Still no better.... Looks like I'll be running some pressure tests to see what's going on. Also trying to get the parts tractor running, so I can fix the FEL's original Hydro unit. According to the manual, that one may be pretty easy. There's an internal plug (that's externally accessible) that is common to come loose.

I did run the numbers, and the parts tractor is a 1975, with under-seat tool box. It didn't mention the behind-the-dash mouse nest, however....

Eldon.... Trying to tame the horses....

nylyon

Look in the links sticky, there is a Jim's Repair / Jims Tractor which TReed sent in. They have complete Sunstrand repairs and parts should you need them. Hope it's something simple.

Karl

T-Mo

Sorry to hear about the FEL's woes. Hopefully you can get it figured out and fixed. I think the mouse nest was an option that year and most years it seems like. I had one in the flywheel housing of my new '06 JD X320, two months after I bought it. :P And I had one under the battery tray of my '85 JD 112L at the beginning of spring. A little d-con and I haven't seen one since. :D

Curmudgeon

dualspacermeasurents.jpg

dualwheelspacer.jpg

kj4kicks

Hi thirdroc, Thanks for the blueprint. That will give me something to do while we figure out the hydrostat woes..... As usual, nothing is going according to plan.

Eldon..... up to my knees in 10w30

Curmudgeon

I knew I had those pictures somewhere, finally found them and got them posted here. No, they're not mine, have no idea who took them originally, but still very useful.

Speaking of pictures with unknown whereabouts, has anyone looked at the repower option for the 520H at http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/default.asp ? That picture looks VERY familiar. I took it in front of my house! LOL I wrote them for the heck of it, said it was mine, but it was perfectly okay to use since they had obviously found it on the net. (They didn't need my permission, as they found the picture on a public website, which I knew ahead of time) They replied that is exactly where they found it, it was the best 520H picture they could find, and they appreciate my giving them permission.

Dale

T-Mo

Hey, Buzz. Welcome to the site.

Rollerman

IM000758.jpg

Eldon here's a pic of my 1055 with the factory dual wheel spacers added.

Tires are 8.50 width and I could probably go wider....some spacers are wider than others.

I have 2 sets & one is for 6X12's...I am saveing for my 704 or RJ.

I shot that pic before I finished the tractor & it looks a little cruddy...but you can see the spacers.

P.S. I'll dig that sundstrand out before end of weekend.

Stephen in northern IN

kj4kicks

Hi Stephen, Sweet ride there! You have the same front tires that are still on my 1077 (originals). It looks like the spacers were designed to hold up to 8.5" wide wheels also, so I could actually shorten them up a little to run dual 7" wheels.

Did you guys see that the 520 parts tractor went for $735 on ebay? Wow ! That's a lot of money to give a guy who was vague with the description, and doesn't know the difference between a Kohler and an Onan.

There's also a 520xi on ebay right now, that is about 4 miles from my house, but it looks too new for me! (and out of my price range)

Thanks again everyone, for your help and support !

Eldon.... breathing a little easier now.....

PS. If anyone ever needs to ship a complete hydro unit, DHL will ship up to 150 pounds, for not alot of money. :D