Sign in to follow this  
Buzz

Little Guys Show PA

Buzz

Held this year Saturday May 17 and Sunday May 18 on Bob Rentzel's Farm, Manchester PA. Featured Tractor is Allis Chalmers/Simplicity Jacobsen this year but this is the heart of Wheel Horse territory and a lot of club members attend. You might say it's a warm up for the big show. For more info call Bob Rentzel at 717-266-4490.

kj4kicks

If any of you guys want to stop by, no problem. It's about 8 miles from my house!

Guess I 'll take a few of the Horses for a trot....

mrfixit82852

Held this year Saturday May 17 and Sunday May 18 on Bob Rentzel's Farm, Manchester PA. Featured Tractor is Allis Chalmers/Simplicity Jacobsen this year but this is the heart of Wheel Horse territory and a lot of club members attend. You might say it's a warm up for the big show. For more info call Bob Rentzel at 717-266-4490.

Buzz

Is this show the same time as the South Jersey Clubs show, or the Flemming's show.

Might be time to load up the pullers once again And return to try and pull that sled again :thumbs::thumbs:

Joe

Buzz

Hey Joe, Flemmings show is Saturday May 3rd. http://www.flemingshows.com/

Our South Jersey Gas Engine Club show is May 10th

The Little Guys Show is May 17th and 18th so you could pull three weekends in a row if you wanted to................and could afford the gas :thumbs:

If I remember correctly, last time you went to the Little Guys you pulled the sled 1/2 way to Harrisburg and back :thumbs:

Did you get your helmet yet? NJ state law requires us to wear them while pulling this year. Knowing you, your's will be distinctive.........

mrfixit82852

Hey Joe, Flemmings show is Saturday May 3rd. http://www.flemingshows.com/

Our South Jersey Gas Engine Club show is May 10th

The Little Guys Show is May 17th and 18th so you could pull three weekends in a row if you wanted to................and could afford the gas :thumbs:

If I remember correctly, last time you went to the Little Guys you pulled the sled 1/2 way to Harrisburg and back :thumbs:

Did you get your helmet yet? NJ state law requires us to wear them while pulling this year. Knowing you, your's will be distinctive.........

Buss

Are you serious about a helmet? If so what type of helmet do we need.

Yeah last time there we had some fun with the sled operator.

Joe

Buzz

Are you serious about a helmet? If so what type of helmet do we need.

Serious as a heart attack Joe. At the last meeting Kenny said that all pullers in NJ are required to wear a helmet now. Not sure what type. Did you get this months newsletter, they had the pulling rules and schedule attached. Don't pull so I didn't read them. The club also has to pay a $100 registration fee to the state so we can hold pulls. Gotta love this state........

curly

Hey guys no difference than Kentucky worked for them for 25 years and everything all about how to charge fees. LOL

Curly in Kentucky

mrfixit82852

Serious as a heart attack Joe. At the last meeting Kenny said that all pullers in NJ are required to wear a helmet now. Not sure what type. Did you get this months newsletter, they had the pulling rules and schedule attached. Don't pull so I didn't read them. The club also has to pay a $100 registration fee to the state so we can hold pulls. Gotta love this state........

Buzz

I spoke with Chuck tonight. He said yes, we need helmets. I just bought one off of Ebay.

They now have to re-write the rules again. The rules we just got does not have the helmet rule in there

Thanks for letting me know

Joe

kj4kicks

Hey Guys ! Just a bump up of the post here, to remind you about the LG show this weekend. I am planning on going at least for Saturday.

I think Dustin (DMESS) is also going to stop by.

I'll try to get some pics.

kj4kicks

Dustin just called me. He's not going to be able to make it, but he told me I'll get to meet Bill P tomorrow :whistle:

nylyon

Are you going to bring anything to the show Eldon? A FEL with a Banner perhaps :whistle:

kj4kicks

Are you going to bring anything to the show Eldon? A FEL with a Banner perhaps :whistle:

Yep.... that's the plan !

Sparky

Dustin just called me. He's not going to be able to make it, but he told me I'll get to meet Bill P tomorrow :whistle:

Snag some pics if you can Eldon. :WRS:. I've never been to a Little Guys Show.

Mike..........

nylyon

Wahoo! The first RedSquare appearance and it couldn't be more proud than on the worlds only C-520!

kj4kicks

awwww, shucks coach..... thanks !

Took a few minutes and laid out some business cards to give away also. Here's the layout on a MS word doc:

RS Forum Biz Cards

nylyon

Very nice!

DMESS

Yeah. Not gonna' make it. Work, work work!

Buzz

I've gone to the last 5 but can't make it. Have to work, work, work so i can afford the gas, gas, gas, to go to the Wheel Horse Show.........

kj4kicks

Hi Guys, Just got back from the Little Guys show. Got to meet Billy and the gang from VA, and right after that, I met Bill P and Sharon, (as Billy was pulling Bill P's truck out of the mud with his Super-C). Didn't have my camera in hand though, major bummer ! Got to check out the Indy 500 give-away tractor, and had a nice day overall.

Also met alot of other great guys, and handed out several RedSquare cards.

When they say Little Guys, they mean it:

P1015871.JPG

Here's my favorite pic of the day:

P1015859.JPG

They also had some pulls, and a small parade.

More pics can be seen HERE

CasualObserver

Awesome pics Eldon!! :whistle: Looks like a great warmup for folks getting their Horses out. What was the count? It looked like alot!

TT

Excellent pictures, Eldon. :WRS: Thank you!

Looked like you were in a good place for recruiting, but I suspect quite a few of the owners of those tractors are already RS members. :whistle:

kj4kicks

Thanks guys, glad to help!

I didn't get an exact count, but there were probably about 50 Horses there. A very good showing ! The Deeres were a little scared.

Talked to several that didn't know about RS, so maybe we'll have some new members soon.

If they mention the $10 offline registration fee, I know nothing :whistle: LOL.

nylyon

Eldon, those are some awsome pictures, and your favorite is mine too :whistle:

DMESS

Anytime you can get more than one C-195 in a single spot it's a good showing! :whistle: I passed one on a trailer while I was heading from work this morning and that sure put a big smile on my face. Looks like a pretty nice turn out. Kinda wish I would not have had to sleep all day. :D

Big props to Eldon for representing the "RedSquare". :WRS:

combatmp29r

Very Nice Eldon :WRS: So I gotta ask how many "Man I aint seen a C520 in years" did you get :whistle: :D