Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

416-8

CHARGER9AUTO

I have a '88 Wheel Horse 416-8 with the MAGNUM 16 HP engine it only starts when you put on the battery charger everything is all hooked up right there is no shorts anywhere in the wiring harness . I'm thinking of swaping the M16 and put another Kohler K-341 into the tractor out of the '73 16 AUTOMATIC parts tractor . Ben in MA :D

nylyon

That's pretty odd. What does it do without the battery charger hooked up to it? Any clicking, or does it just need the extra juice to turn the starter?

Sparky

Are you positive the battery is good? If one cell went bad it will allways seem like its real low on juice and needs a charge.

Just a thought.......Mike

CHARGER9AUTO

That's pretty odd. What does it do without the battery charger hooked up to it? Any clicking, or does it just need the extra juice to turn the starter?

Karl, I try to start my 416-8 and it's stone dead there is no clicking in the solenoid that is without having the battery charger on charging the tractors battery. Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

Are you positive the battery is good? If one cell went bad it will allways seem like its real low on juice and needs a charge.

Just a thought.......Mike

Mike, The cell must be bad in my 416-8 I need to more into it and see what is causing the problem I'd would like to use the tractor if I could get it started . Ben

nylyon

When I picked up my 414-8, the battery was completly shot. I had to jump it to get it going and often when the jumpers were removed it would die and I thought that the charging circuit was bad. It turns out that only the battery was shot, replacing it cured the entire problem.

CHARGER9AUTO

When I picked up my 414-8, the battery was completly shot. I had to jump it to get it going and often when the jumpers were removed it would die and I thought that the charging circuit was bad. It turns out that only the battery was shot, replacing it cured the entire problem.

I will have to either buy a brand new fully charged battery at Wal - Mart or try another one with more juice and is if my deal of the year 416-8 will start I paid $101.00 for the tractor at an town school auction it came with two 42" SD decks . :D