markslawnmowerworld

(factory wheel horse puller)

fx28

I can remember meeting Bob Hurley back in the 80's. He came up to a few of the Columbus Winter Championship Pulls. The person I bought dealership was still running the WheelHorse Transaxle in the Prostock class. I can remember Bob talking about getting these kits made and also about trying to get close ratio gears made. I dont know if he ever got that acomplished. I believe he was working as a territory rep at that time. Anybody ever talk to him or know how to get a hold of him?

Chuck Miller

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Did it "mark" it's spot like other Harleys?

• Like 1

Deere Hunter

I spent some time talking with Mr Pohlig at the WH show. If I remember correctly, the one with the Harley Motor was not a factory kit. I believe he told me they sold 2 of these kits when they came out. He owns one and still knows where the other one is located. Still owned by the original owner to. I bugged him for awhile about letting me know who owns the other one he was telling me about. But I don't think he wanted to give up that info. Here is the pics I took of the Factory Puller he has.

100_1039.jpg

100_1041.jpg

100_1040.jpg

And here is the letter he had taped to the hood of the tractor at the show. Hope you can read it

100_1042.jpg

• Excellent 1

VinsRJ

I

BPjunk

The 1988 Factory Pulling Wheel Horse does have a special VIN number (I don't have the number in front of me right now but it is listed in the books) and the one owned by Bubba Pohlig still has the factory VIN decal with this number on it. I belive his was number 3 or 100 in the series. His tractor was built back in 1988 run hard and has still not been taken back apart! He had $5,500 invested in the engine alone and back then not many "special Parts" were available for these engines. Wheel Horse did print out a special sales flyer for this pulling kit, it is a single sheet of paper listing the items included and with a picture of Bob hurly pulling with a built tractor on it.

I do understand that yes Bubba does know of another puller kit tractor BUT this tractor has been repainted and no longer has the factory VIN decal with the special number. Just like a muscle car with no VIN number the tractor is not worth as much with out the number to prove what it is.

Wild Bill

josh416

duz anyone know if pohlig sold the factory puller with the kohler magnum in it because i hurd he sold his whole collection a while back B)

• Like 1

chesbaycruiser

Bubba sold the Harley Horse, it now lives somewhere in Europe...Denmark or Norway, or some such place if I remember correctly.

The Factory Puller was still in his posession as of January of 2010. I got to crawl around it a little bit the day of my "snow blade odyssey".

josh416

well i would totaly buy the one he still has that horse is nice :omg: :D

• Like 1

Lars

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

Horse46
On 17 February 2010 at 0:58 AM, KC9KAS said:

None of my Harleys leaked oil, must have been broke!

Love that conversion, would have gone for an all black motor though.

C-101plowerpower
5 minutes ago, Horse46 said:

None of my Harleys leaked oil, must have been broke!

Love that conversion, would have gone for an all black motor though.

you do have oil in them do you?

Horse46
20 minutes ago, C-101plowerpower said:

you do have oil in them do you?

Lol, yes I do, I've never had a bike leak oil, or a car come to that. I've had a few Harleys, a few Ducati and plenty of other stuff (nothing British though, I think thats the secret)

• Like 1

BraxtonPohlig
On 2/24/2010 at 10:13 PM, josh416 said:

duz anyone know if pohlig sold the factory puller with the kohler magnum in it because i hurd he sold his whole collection a while back B)

He still has the Factory puller.

• Like 3