stevebo

SteveBo's 3 point hitch UPDATE

stevebo

Guys,

After making another round of 3 points I was able to try one on my restored 314-8 manual lift tractor and after discussing it with my partner we do not feel we are ready to sell them to fit the manual lift machines. While the fitment is fine we do not like the lift and down pressure set up ... yet. We will continue our development but the good news is that it is working great with the 520 hydro set up. We feel that a manual lift from the back and/or an electric actuator would be the best way to go however we need to consider the cost. Adding the electirc actuator adds about $200 to the cost B)

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry to those who wanted one with a manual lift. I believe the 2010 show is the best test location as there should be a bunch of models (hydro 300,400 and 500) along with other hydro models I would love to mount it on and make sure it is correct. Anyone want to volunteer your machine as a test tractor at the show??

Confused99

Do you have any pictures of the "final run" ? I think I have only seen pics of the beta.

Thanks,

Jason

stevebo

The only change is the hardware at this point. Everything else is basically the same as the one in the pic/video. We were able to do the ones we have now off the numbers on the cad drawing. We made the jigs etc to help speed up the process of production.

clintonnut

If you wanted to test it on a 1054 I would be fine with that at the show.

See ya there.

Charlie

gwgdog66

Thanks for the heads up. Us manual lift owners appreciate your effort's to make the product correct, in true :party: quality B)

I look forward to seeing the end result.

Wheel Horse Fan

I was looking forward to buying one this spring for my manual lift. Hope you get it figured out. I will be at the June show (looking for a loader), if you get it figured out by then I would be willing to bring my tractor.

Good Luck and thanks for the effort so far. The hydro version looks great.

stevebo

Guys,

I feel confident that we will have a solution soon using a linear actuator system. Not a big deal just a little more work for the owner to install since there are a few wires to connect. B)

JohnnyO64

Hey Guys,

Any update on this topic adding electrical actuators to our tractors? I haven’t seen any update on this and I’ve been looking all over RS for info and help on it. I’m specifically trying to add one for mt C120 rear for a tiller. I’m getting to old to lift manually, but would love to fab a setup myself.  Any advice, steps or vid postings would be appreciated!! 

Thanks, John

stevebo

We have the design but after making a few nobody would pay our break even pricing just to get some out so this project is dead. I do have one set up that is not currently on my 520 but I think I will set it up over the winter. 

• Like 1

Skipper
On 21/11/2017 at 3:29 AM, stevebo said:

We have the design but after making a few nobody would pay our break even pricing just to get some out so this project is dead. I do have one set up that is not currently on my 520 but I think I will set it up over the winter. 

what was the price ?

stevebo

I think $375-$425? been a long time