Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Good day here....

Sparky

Well it was a good day here in Wheel Horse land. I bought a non-running D-160 over a year ago that came with a plastic tote full of parts for it that the PO had removed. I had big plans to get it runnin right away and start enjoyin it but it seemed there was never enough time so it has sat for a year. Well today I finally got into it and after about 2 hours of puttin stuff back on it I was able to drive it outa the garage under its own power and using its own fuel tank. I had driven it twice before using a remote tank bungeed to the top of the grill and a clothes-pin to hold the choke open :thumbs: . Got the new choke cable in, all new fuel line and shutoffs(2), and a fuel filter. Now I need to get my new seat with arm-rests on it and she's almost ready for the "Big Show" in PA. I will have to move the seat back some as this looks like a big tractor but its kinda tight betwen the seat and steering wheel. I suppose being 6'1" is part of the problem. Musta drank to much milk as a kid :D .

Mike.........in my happy place :thumbs:

T-Mo

Mike,

Congratulations of getting it running. :thumbs: And, as always, :thumbs:

Sparky

Hey Terry. I put a pic of the "D" and my ugly mug in the members picture area.

Mike.........

nylyon

So that's good, the fuel pump is pumping, hydraulics are hydroing, and Mike a smiling :thumbs:

T-Mo

Yeah, I see it now (and you). It doesn't look too bad at all, in fact, I like it. :thumbs:

I would put a picture of me in the gallery, but I want to be sure we get all the new members possible. I don't want to scare anyone away - yet. :D Seriously, though, I want a better one of me than what I got already. I need to be sure I got my Sunday going to Church clothes on. :thumbs:

Sparky

So that's good, the fuel pump is pumping, hydraulics are hydroing, and Mike a smiling :D

And the best part Karl, is that when you come over in April you can take it for a spin :P . You too can be the coolest for awhile :thumbs: .

I will be takin up a collection for gas money as I only put about a 1/4 gallon of gas in it and it takes like 43 gallons it seems to fill it :thumbs: ...or somethin like that. Might have to work overtime this week to "fuel it up".

Mike........

.5racer

Mike ,

since putting on my plow , I get a clutch run on when the motor shuts of . Is that due to a belt being gone or a bad clutch , or is that normal. What I mean is the pully keps turning after the motor stops .. Kinda sounds like its telling e it {tractor} wants some more.. lol

Terry

Sparky

Mine does the same thing. I think its a good thing as it means the clutch bearings are good since its still spinnin after the motor stops and not coming to a sudden stop on their own. I suppose with a belt for a deck on it, it wouldnt spin after the motor was off even with the electric clutch off.

Mike.........

CHARGER9AUTO

Well it was a good day here in Wheel Horse land. I bought a non-running D-160 over a year ago that came with a plastic tote full of parts for it that the PO had removed. I had big plans to get it runnin right away and start enjoyin it but it seemed there was never enough time so it has sat for a year. Well today I finally got into it and after about 2 hours of puttin stuff back on it I was able to drive it outa the garage under its own power and using its own fuel tank. I had driven it twice before using a remote tank bungeed to the top of the grill and a clothes-pin to hold the choke open :P . Got the new choke cable in, all new fuel line and shutoffs(2), and a fuel filter. Now I need to get my new seat with arm-rests on it and she's almost ready for the "Big Show" in PA. I will have to move the seat back some as this looks like a big tractor but its kinda tight betwen the seat and steering wheel. I suppose being 6'1" is part of the problem. Musta drank to much milk as a kid :D .

Mike.........in my happy place :D

Mike, I finally have my 953's Kohler 10 HP motor done I need to put it on the tractor next and rewire it . :P:thumbs::thumbs: Ben...

kj4kicks

WTG Mike !! Another Horse brought back to life :thumbs:

Rollerman

Good to hear you got your D going Mike & had/found the time to put into it!

I noticed that about the 2 I had....seems like the bigger Wheel Horse made them the less room they gave the operator? :thumbs:

Look forward to meeting the D & you in June. :thumbs: