kpinnc

Finally started testing the Bronco 3 point!

kpinnc

I've wanted an A-frame for my 3 point since I started the project. Aside from the versatility they provide for a 3 point, It just helps hold things together back there when a disc, plow, or blade isn't attached.

So I'm just about ready to strip what's left assembled on the Bronco 14, and get it painted. Just a few loose ends to finish up, and I'm all done. But, the A-frame has been haunting me, so tonight I finally just made one.

I started with a picture of a Brinly, but made it a little taller, and used thicker steel. Here's what I got. No paint yet, but it turned out pretty good.

muledrive113.jpg

The bends on the ends turned out better than I hoped:

muledrive114.jpg

Still need to shorten the top link though...

muledrive116.jpg

It sure will lift whatever gets back there pretty high though. I think I'm almost ready for paint.

muledrive118.jpg

59 days left to get this all finished...

Kevin

TT

Dang!, Kevin.....

That's some handy-dandy fabrication work you got going on there! :thumbs:

As for the "59 days left" part....... SHUT UP! :thumbs:

kpinnc

As for the "59 days left" part....... SHUT UP!

LOL- Same thing I keep saying to myself Terry.

As for the fab work, I used my Acetalyne torch today to bend something for the first time. Sure beats whacking on things with a BFH. I got all kinds of ideas now!

Thanks!

Kevin

TT

As for the fab work, I used my Acetalyne torch today to bend something for the first time. Sure beats whacking on things with a BFH. I got all kinds of ideas now!

Thanks!

Kevin

And you don't even get those wonderful little character marks in the steel either! :thumbs:

Just think if we all had access to the machines that get used on Orange County Choppers -- including the "water-jet". :thumbs:

kpinnc

Just think if we all had access to the machines that get used on Orange County Choppers -- including the "water-jet".

OOOHHH boy I dream about that kinda stuff! My wife would leave me though. I'd never come into the house again!

I'd settle for a CAD driven plasma cutter though. I wouldn't want to be picky... :thumbs:

Kevin

Nick

Nice looking A frame and those are some nice bends Kevin. :whistle: I found a press at an auction last year but cant say I am the best at getting nice bends like that with it yet. A torch might help but just never liked using one myself. :WRS: Im more of the BFH and vise type.

kpinnc

Im more of the BFH and vise type.

Me too Nick. I've used a torch for cutting, but never bending before. Heated it till it was glowing, and bent them in a vise. I was surprised how easy that heavy steel gave up. It was like bending styrofoam!

Now if I could just get things done as quickly as you, I'd be in great shape! :whistle:

Thanks!

Kevin

kpinnc

After the rush of trying to make the show, I haven't posted many pics of the progress of this, so I figured I'd at least get this thread completed.

In all truth, this project is still a work in progress. We made the show, but had a laundry list of items come up while I was there. I can't thank TT and Nick enough for all the help they gave me nursing this monster along. I think they had more time under the hood than I do myself by the time the show was over!

The design of the hitch sems to be a sound one, but I have a bit to learn about engines and hydraulics. Wow, that pretty much covers the whole thing I think!

Anyway, here's a bit more of the end of the build. From here on out, it's just a few fine tuning adjustments, and she's going straight to garden duty!

The lift arm pivot:

muledrive155.jpg

The tool box finally completed:

muledrive154.jpg

The finished lift, full down and up:

muledrive157.jpgmuledrive151.jpgmuledrive153.jpg

Minimum seat clearance:

muledrive161.jpg

And the "finished" product, with the A-frame installed:

muledrive177.jpg

IM0000691.jpg

When I got to the show, I had an awful leak in one of the hydraulic lines. It was my fault, because I placed a union in a spot I couldn't get back to without some major dissasembly. My wife and sister walked around the show and found a magnet that they hoped would give me a temporary "pass" for my being such a knucklehead. It seemed to work, at least in the short term:

muledrive173.jpg

All in all, it turned out fairly well. Got a few loose ends to tie up, but it's finally done!

Kevin

T-Mo

Kevin,

It sure does look sharp. That's a great job you did on the build of the 3-point, on the paint job on it and the tractor. It's sure sweet. :whistle:

kpinnc

Thanks Tmo!

I'm pleased with it, even though I was belly-aching about the little problems I had with it at the show!

I had alot of help from folks on here throughout the whole process, so I can't take full credit for the "good" parts of it! :whistle:

Thanks again!

Kevin

CasualObserver

:WRS: Bravo Kevin! That finished up really nice. :whistle: I was re-reading and you had mentioned getting some suitcase weights.... you could look into these from Midwest Super Cub.(a pulling site) They come in 5 or 10 pounds. (again... click image to go to page)

weights.jpg

kpinnc

Thanks Jason!

the 5 and 10 pounders are perfect! I had seen them on a tractor at the show, but couldn't remember the name.

Saved in the favorites now! Those will work great!

Kevin

Curmudgeon

Having seen that choice piece of work up close and personal, all I can say is, the pictures don't do it justice!!!!!

kpinnc

Having seen that choice piece of work up close and personal, all I can say is, the pictures don't do it justice!!!!!

Thanks Dale!

Kevin

HorseFixer

Kevin! Looks Sweet and :WRS: all at the same time! You did a fantastic Job! :whistle:

Duke