Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Where's everyone from?

DOC in Kentucky

My name is Ray but all my friends call me DOC because I have been involved in healthcare as a career most of my life. I live outside Louisville, KY in the small town of Crestwood. My job takes me to Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, central Illinois and western Tennesee, where I am always on the look out for another RED Horse. I have eight of them already. And like everyone else in this addicting hobby, my family thinks I'm nuts.

wse100

whtractor/hide.gif Ok-I told a "little white fib"-it sounded better being from South Bend (because that's where Wheel Horse is from.) I'm actually from Mishawaka. See what I mean, who ever heard of Mishawaka? whtractor/scratchhead.gif -AL

Yeah who ever heard of Mishawaka? Its ok man, Its not a fib or a white lie...When you are from a city by a bigger city i'ts common practice to list the bigger city (So others know where you are at! :thumbs:

I went to Penn, I work in Mishawaka& Will be on Lincolnway in about 3 minutes!

Good to see another local boy here.

T-Mo

I'm glad everyone is posting here so we can see where everyone's from.

Doc,

:thumbs: I been to Louisville a couple of times, once drove there (650 mile round trip) to pick up a JD. But that was when gas prices were cheap. :thumbs:

Nice to see the demographics here.

Rusty

I live in PA, south of Elmira, NY near a small town named Gillett.

Been checking this site out for a while & decided to join up.

Looks like a friendly bunch with a ton of knowledge. :thumbs:

T-Mo

Rusty,

:thumbs: We're glad to have you here. Please post a lot and remeber :thumbs:

TT

:D , Rusty!

I've been up through your neck of the woods a few times on the way to Horseheads, NY. (delivering brass to Thomas & Betts)

That's beautiful country up across RT14 -- with some nice treasures hiding in the brush. :thumbs:

As you've probably already noticed, we enjoy pictures! :P

So...... Lets see what you have. :thumbs:

pond195520032003

Hi and :P Doc, and Rusty, as mentioned before if possible :D and Doc, i dont know if you know this already :P but their is no "Cure" for this red virus :D:thumbs: its just too :P to get rid of :thumbs: :D

Jim_M

I'm in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Wire capitol of the world. Not sure how it got that way, but all the major wire mills are located here.

Besides wire mills we have....uh..nothing.

Rollerman

Jim there's more than wire mills in Ft Wayne.

You have the Coliseum, a great zoo...oh & Brandy's, Showgirls, Pricila's...this is all off a tourist pamplet. :thumbs:

Rusty

I put a picture of my 1276 in the tractor picture section. I hope I did it right.

It was my paps tractor and I got it from him about 3 years ago when he moved to a community for the elderly.

It has a Kohler engine and a mower and a plow for the front.

Thank you all for the welcome.

Curmudgeon

You have the Coliseum, a great zoo...oh & Brandy's, Showgirls, Pricila's...this is all off a tourist pamplet. :thumbs:

showgirls??? :thumbs::D:P:D:P:P:D:D:D :D

T-Mo

Rusty,

Nice looking tractor. I just edited the topic thread to match the rest of the gallery. Keep the pictures and posts coming. :thumbs:

Jim_M

Used to be the home of Old Crown beer and Falstaff beer also.

My grandpa used to work at Old Crown in the 60's. They let the employees drink on the job and they got to bring home a free case of beer every week.

I guess you could say they kept their employees "happy".

nylyon

My grandpa used to work at Old Crown in the 60's. They let the employees drink on the job and they got to bring home a free case of beer every week.

I guess you could say they kept their employees "happy".

I used to work for a company called Diageo with very similar perks! My office was next to the the Seagram's R&D facility. Plenty of "free" samples! with a quarterly allotment of product to boot!

linen beige

Hi y'all. I'm a newbie, born in London, Ky., grew up in Lebanon, Ky.( 11 miles from the "Makers Mark" distillery), and now live in Lexington, Ky., where I am retired from the Lex. police department. My dad bought a 2 month used 400 suburban in 1960 for $200. In 1973 he mounted it's engine on a roto tiller and snapped the rod. When he tore open the engine he found the crank scored and set it aside. In '95 he brought me his "little tractor" and i started looking for parts. The search for the few parts I needed lead me to "find" an RJ-58 that had been used very little before being parked in a barn and nearly forgoten. It has not been repainted and still has the serial # tag on it. It is only missing the exhaust sheild. I have also gained another 400 for parts, a 702 W/ HY-2 lift that is a blast for pushing dirt and snow, a 704, a low hour 1054a, a charger 9 that runs but looks nasty, and a D-160 that a PO painted JD green and yellow because "that's what I had on hand.". There aren't too many Wheel Horses in my area although my 400 was sold new, the first owner transferred and the dealer bought it back , and bought by my dad from a dealer right here in Lex. that is still in business. this past spring I found a new crank and after putting daddy's old K-91 back toghether, it started on the second pull. After being opened to the weather for 34 years, with the original points, condenser, and coil! Now i just have to get the rest of it down to bare metal painted and back together. In adition to a 19 year old daughter in college, my wife and I have 3 year old twin daughters. I justified buying the RJ as it and the 400 being like our little girls. They look just alike from a distance, but closer examination reveals the differences. I hope to have both restored by the time they get big enough to pull a starter rope.

CasualObserver

Welcome Jim! :whistle: That's a fine collection you've listed there. Looking forward to some pictures. I too have a Charger 9 and a Suburban 400. Look around and enjoy the company. And don't be afraid to drag an old, old post to the top if you have something to add!

Teddy da Bear

Hi everyone!

I am a new member here. I am from Niles, Michigan....just about 10 miles north of South Bend Indiana.

I grew up on a 1963 wheel horse lawn ranger. I still have the tractor and it is still running. I also have a 1976 B-100, a 1977 B-80, a 1980 A-51 and my recent aquisition of a mid-70's B-145 Elec Trac Wheel Horse. I also have 5 snow plows, one 36" tiller, one 42" sickle bar mower, and a 36" snowblower. One 11 1/2 foot gang reel mower. 2 Brinley plows. 2 cultivators, One set of discs. I also have a 1974 IH Lo Boy 154 with dual brakes and 3pt hitch. (God my wife must love me!)

Nice to be here... And by the way.....I will be at the Jones Michigan show on Saturday. No one on the net posted a start time for the event...so I figure that 10a.m. should be a safe time to go. (Hope they are not packing up at the time).

Mike

Niles, Mi

CasualObserver

:whistle: Mike! There a few members here in your neck of the woods. I'm sure they'll chime in soon. Always nice to have some close by folks that share your interests.... of course when it comes to our beloved horses.... it means there's that many more fingers in the cookie jar too!! :D Welcome, post often... and as always.... :WRS:

Teddy da Bear

Pictures? :whistle: Mine are not picture worthy. Mine are working horses.

I want to restore them.....but just cannot afford any down time.

And God forbid that one should break down......I have to have back ups

for my back ups....or things can grow out of control here. :WRS:

I have 8 1/2 acres to take care of. I do not mow it with a 32" deck (which the B-80 and B-100 have) (allthough I used to.....sheeesh....16 hours of mowing time per week). Since I have gone to an 11 1/2 foot gang reel mower. Now my mowing time is down to about 2 hours....whew....

Thanks for the welcome...

Hope there are others nearby.

Mike

Niles, Mi

CasualObserver

Pictures? :WRS: Mine are not picture worthy. Mine are working horses.

Mike... take a look through the gallery... we don't care what shape their in!

OH... and if you have one that's not in there...(like that A-51 and your Elektrak) PLEASE post it... every one gets us closer to a complete photo directory of the Wheel Horse line. The original purpose is and was to have visual identification reference, so Original shape is always best! :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

Wow.....I thought for sure someone would have posted an A-51....they are not so rare. The elec trac wheel horse is not too common.

Ok...I will try to post some this weekend.

Mike

Niles, Mi

linen beige

My "horses are not vey photogenic, but, since much to my surprise no one has posted pics of a 1054 or a 1054a, I guess I'll just have to get a candid or two. Maybe one quartered off the rear to show the ag lugs it's currently shod with while the D series snow/dozer blade is mounted. That way folks will think it's a 1054. And another quartered from the front with it's original turf tires remounted and with the deck hung under it. I quess I should also zoom in on the hood decals since they say "1054 Work Horse" NOT "Wheel Horse". Oh! and Toro says the serial # is a 1054a from 1965. I know that as soon as I show y'all my tractor ol' Tenn. country boy will post some pics of his. (Man I wish mine looked that good.)

Teddy da Bear

I took some pictures of some of my horses.

But found out in order to post.....you have to "host" first (on a website).

I've done that before and it is just a pain. I also hardly ever do it and

completely lost track of whatever I did post in the past.

I prefer to just upload from my hard drive.

But thanks anyway.....

Mike

Niles, Mi

CasualObserver

Mike... you should be able to upload files (or pictures) directly as attachments to the post. Limit one file per post and limit of 256K per file. It's the browse button right above the Add Reply and Preview Post buttons when you are typing your post. If you're having trouble getting them under 256K... use the free download program Irfanview.... You can find it in the links section.

KyBlue

Im currently located in Georgetown Kentucky ... About 15 miles North of Lexington, right smack in the middle of the state. Pretty handy actually - Hour from Cinci, Hour from Lville, Two hrs From Tenn, and hour/half from Wva. Cant get much better than that!

Lived all over, pretty much from coast to coast. Born in CA, Raised in FL for a little while, but mostly in the DeSoto Missouri area (terry you should know where that is). I kinda miss bein in that Area. Alot of good memories and a couple good friends.

I get to drive all over the Eastern Half of the US ... Professional Steering Wheel holder I am. I haul parts for the Toyota plant thats about 4 miles from me. Always on the lookout for Red Stuff!