Sign in to follow this  
wesley

Raider 10

wesley

Hi to all, well the raider is coming in to the workshop in the morning for a total restoration, will take piccys as l go, will try and post my own , instead of worrying poor old lan , he must be sick of my piccys now.

wes

Rollerman

Wes any help you need with the pics...just ask...it's pretty simeple for me useing photo bucket.

http://photobucket.com/?link=topmenu

Good luck on your Raider restoration...if it looks half as good as your other projects it will be outstanding! :thumbs:

Stigian

:thumbs: the ol Raider gets to live somewhere warm :thumbs::P:D

Good luck with the resto Wes, looking forward to seeing all the pics :D

If your in need of spares, i spotted this on fleabay :P

Raider 10 three speed

wesley

Thanks lan will keep an eye on that,but wontpay a lot more than that for it, made a start today , and got the raider in the warm and started soaking bolts etc, one thing l did find was the light lence is in bad shape part number 7075, l new l would find bits that would need replacing , but dont think that l will be able to get that bit now , so out with the smokes and tea lol and am thinking of blanking of the light lence , so it never was there and fit lights on the side of the bonnet ie small tractor type, as my tractor is going to be used for work and off road transport for me and not a show tractor l dont think it will matter, would also like to fit a stack pipe on her , the guys across the pond have some nice ones on there horses.

wes

Stigian

I have to admit im guilty of the vanishing rear light trick on my raider :thumbs:

as the lights were missing i just welded the mounting holes up :thumbs:

wesley

Shame on you , but wont tell, but think l will have to do it to my lights, what you think about using a mini rear sliencer box and make a stack pipe with it , another thing l spoted and will have to do somthing with is the brake band its been soaked in oil for years looking at it, did you replace yours?.

wes

Stigian

My brake band was a bit dirty but luckily no sign of oil :thumbs:

A mini 'box should be about the right size for a WH stack :thumbs:

P.s.

We will manage to have a chat on messenger Wes :D :P

wesley

Mybe the guys over the pond can give advice over the brake band, and yes we must catch up with messenger, by the way have got that grub screw out of your pully.

wes

Stigian

Thank you for sorting the pulley out sir :thumbs:

wesley

Stop press, must be my lucky day, found a lawn tractor dealer right up north with a new light lence sitting in his stores :thumbs:, so thats on its way, just need to sort out the brake band and things will be coming together , well parts wise, you all have a great day .

wes

wesley

Was thinking about cutting up some brake shoes and and relining my brake band, unless l can think of another option, or any of you can come up with an ldea?

wes

Greg B.

Wes,

Check with the antique car crowd. Back, when I was doing that stuff, brake lining was available by the foot.

Greg B.

TT

Or an industrial supply center. Some of the old overhead cranes used a woven lining for the brakes.

wesley

Well my new light lence came today, was very lucky to get that l think, did try and get a hood ornament as well , they were still listed but it seems that none are to be had in the uk , so will make up a horses head for my hood.

wes

Greg B.

Slide into London and get one off one of those Sheik's Ferraris :thumbs::thumbs:

Greg B.

wesley

Hi all , well started the strip down today so the pile of parts is growing, l no one thing when its put back together l will use new bolts etc mybe stainless, no real problems to date have been found apart from some rust on the rear frame ,so will make up a new section and fit in , will try and show you the rust in a piccy, hope to get the engine off in the next couple of days depends how the wife is feeling, better go and se if l can get the piccys up now.

wes :thumbs:

wesley
wheelhorse036-1.jpg

wesley
wheelhorse037-1.jpg

wesley
wheelhorse039.jpg

wesley
wheelhorse040-1.jpg

wesley
wheelhorse038-1.jpg

TT

That's a typical place to find rust, Wes. It should be an easy repair though -- once you remove the "hoodstand" from the frame. :thumbs: At least the "tab" that bolts to the side of the frame looks like it isn't broken -- and they usually are. (because of the lift lever pressure)

She's a pretty good looking old girl otherwise! :thumbs:

T-Mo

Wes,

I'm glad you got this picture :thumbs: figured out. Looks like a nice project tractor to start with. Keep us updated.

Stigian

Its good to see work has started on the strip down Wes :thumbs:

It reminds me of when i pulled my Raider apart all those years ago :P

Looking at its condition you certainly have picked a sound 'orse to start with :thumbs:

Looking forward to the updates :D

Rollerman

Wes I look forward to seeing your progress on the Raider!

Those front tires are interesting...have not seen that tread before on a Horse.

Keep us posted & glad you have the pic thing down now. :thumbs: