Sign in to follow this  
Schooner

Snow Thrower Question

Schooner

Will any vertical shaft snow thrower work on any vertical engine tractor?

Thanks,

:thumbs:

HankB

Yes, given given sufficient ingenuity, tools, materials, time etc. I would say that any snowblower can be made to work with any tractor. But I think what you are asking is what blowers will easily work with your tractor.

If you search for "whinterchange.pdf" you should find a document that lists what attachments were intended to fit which Wheel Horse tractors. It also includes information on what models supersede others. That should give you information on which blowers will easily mount to your tractor.

Also consider a blade unless you have really deep snow to deal with. No jumping belts, no snow blowing back in your face and you can plow at full speed. :thumbs:

tgordonjr

I to would like to know the answer to this question. I tried looking up the pdf but found nothing. so I dont know if I did somthing wrong, but anyway I have a 211-5 and have heard that I can attach a snowblower to it and have heard that I cant because it is not a vertical shaft motor. OH ya if anyone knows of someone who has an axle for this tractor in the lancaster/reading area let me know since I tore a gaint hole in mine, Thanks. B)

tgordonjr

duh ....I said that the 211-5 wasn't a vertical shaft motor I meant to say that it wasn't a horizontal shaft motor

HankB

I tried looking up the pdf but found nothing.

I can't find it using google search anymore. Perhaps it was taken down.

If you join the Yahoo email group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals/ and look in the files, you will see it listed on the first page and titled "AA WH Interchange 1955-2000"